Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2021, 07:35 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Warning about Shock Warehouse supplier

Saw that a number of people were ordering from them so got online. Unfortunately, their web site did not have a part number so started to call. Finally, actually got to talk to their supposedly RV expert. Gave him all of the normal information including the chassis model and axle. Long story short, they sent the wrong shocks. Too long compared to OEM shocks. After weeks of calling, finally got an RMA and shipped them back at my expense. No refund claiming it was my fault. Did a BBB search on them and they now have an F rating. A lot of complaints online. My suggestion, they have gone downhill and would recommend looking elsewhere. Just a friendly heads up.
Ohio44718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #2

Thanks for the heads up.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:57 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This isn't the first time I've heard things like this about them.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #4

Yeah I ordered mine from Ultra RV. I tried ordering something from them a few years ago and the experience was horrible.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep I'm dealing with them right now. Cant get them to pick up the phone. I ordered 4 shocks. 2 came in right away. Have no idea where the other 2 are and have no idea when they will show up. They are not responding to any emails or texts or emails. Terrible service after the sale. I would never use these guys again.
Ledawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
US1

This is discouraging. I’m wanting to replace my 14 yr old Blistens with Konis and was going to buy from them. I don’t need any headaches, so will cross them off my list
Old 08-05-2021, 03:46 PM   #7

Got mine from LTB Autosports. They were on Amazon. I had to call them a couple of time and switch the rear shocks. They picked up quickly on the first call and returned my call within a few minutes on the next. I think they have great customer service.
Ben-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Just my luck…I ordered 6 shocks from them yesterday.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:45 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought Koni shocks for our Workhorse W22 a few months back - from ltbautosports.com - they shipped promptly, the shocks arrived on time, and the price was very competitive.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:55 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Bought mine from 4Wheel Online on Amazon.com. Pricing was good and very happy with order.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:44 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
If I could get Shock warehouse on the phone I would cancel my order and order elsewhere. If I don't see them soon, I will be getting ahold of my credit card company about the charge to see if I can cancel it.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledawg View Post
If I could get Shock warehouse on the phone I would cancel my order and order elsewhere. If I don't see them soon, I will be getting ahold of my credit card company about the charge to see if I can cancel it.
You must do so within 30 days maximum of the charge the CC company will not do so.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
You must do so within 30 days maximum of the charge the CC company will not do so.
I just received an email today from them telling me they expect to ship the 15 of the month. We will see. If I can get them on the phone I will cancel and buy else where.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
My suggestion, they have gone downhill and would recommend looking elsewhere. Just a friendly heads up.
Gone downhill? I had a horrible experience with them three years ago.

They had a draconian return policy at the time (not sure what it is now): 20% restocking fee plus a $15.95 "free shipping fee" if your order got free shipping, but that's if your order is less than 20 pounds; orders over 20 pounds may have a higher, unspecified, "free shipping fee," and the shocks were 37 pounds.

The "status" on my order was "received," even though that wasn't among the statuses that were defined ("new," "processed," "backordered," "shipped"). So what did it mean? And it stayed this way for several days, so I called and they said I should get the shocks by the middle of the next week. By early the next week, the mystery status still hadn't changed, so I checked again.

I tried online chat (always offline, even during business hours) but then noticed that all cancellations had to be done by phone so I called, and there was a message saying all lines were busy, over and over, but didn't say whether I was supposed to hold, or hang up and call back. So for a couple of hours I'd listen to that message over and over and over, in case I was in a queue, but then I'd hang up and call again, in case that was what I was supposed to do.

Finally, someone answered and I found out Shock Warehouse hadn't received the shocks themselves yet, but it "shouldn't be long," he said. But that meant they weren't going out that day, and I definitely wasn't going to be getting them by the promised "middle of next week." But it also meant they hadn't been shipped to me, so I cancelled the order.

While waiting on the phone, I'd gone to Ultra RV Products' website and used the online chat to ask if they had the shocks I needed physically in their possession and could therefore ship them to me immediately, and I was told they did, and if I ordered by 2:00pm Pacific, they'd go out that day. So the second I cancelled the Shock Warehouse I placed my order with Ultra RV Products It was one hour before the deadline, and they shipped that day. They were $2.05 more per shock.

So yeah, stay far far away from Shock Warehouse.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warning