Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Warning Buzzer

I am relatively new as a Motorhome owner (2 yr) and have learned so much during that time about motorhomes. However, I do have a problem that really has me confused. Maybe someone else has had a similar problem that could help me diagnose mine.

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Discovery 39L. When I leave a park and retract the PowerGear Leveling system, I have a long time to wait for the "jacks down" light to go off. Several times I have to shut the system off and then back on to get the "jacks down" indication to turn off. I always get outside to verify that the jacks are in fact retracted fully. Now, once I ensure the jacks are retracted, I disengage the parking brake and put it in gear, I have a warning indicator that starts beeping and all the lights on my leveling system panel start flashing. It used to stop once my air had risen to approx. 120lb pressure and I had no problems from that point. Lately though, the warning buzzer does not go off. I have found that when I am traveling and make a left turn (however slight) the coach leans enough to the right to relieve pressure on the left side and the warning buzzers go off. They remain off until the coach rights itself and puts pressure back on the left side.

Does anyone know if this warning buzzer is tied in to the Air suspension? I do have a "low air" indicator light and warning buzzer, but it does not indicate low air pressure. The Front and Rear Air gauges indicate 120+ lbs of pressure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
RwBullingt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #2

A number of posts from RVers with HWH systems , replacing return springs for these reasons. Slow to retract & warning lights coming on when driving.
Could be something to look into.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #3

Random idea, but my coach had a similar problem that was solved by topping off the hydraulic brake fluid (just to the "full" line of course).
sellnbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #4

Check the transmission fluid level in the reservoir with jacks up and slides in. If the fluid is okay, check the float in the reservoir. Power Gear uses the fluid level in reservoir to detect jacks down. They also use transmission fluid, not brake fluid.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had same problem. It was low jack fluid.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
YC1

Yep, low fluid. Top it off with the jacks up or it will overflow. Also spray your jacks with some silicon when they are extended.

During a turn low fluid will cause the alarm to go off. When it gets low enough it will go off all the time.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had opposite problem at first. My warning light and buzzer would not work. I found the fluid level very low and added fluid. Still light and buzzer would not work with jacks down. Problem turned out to be a bad sensor in tank. Replaced sensor and system works as it should. If your buzzer and light are comming on with jacks up you are low on fluid (uses transmission fluid) It is probably located in front of passenger side wheel. There will be 2 wires going in one hole and a large plug in another which you remove plug to add fluid. Make sure jacks are in up position and add fluid till you can feel it with a finger positioned in fill hole. Replace plug and that should solve your problem. Hope this helps. Mine is a 98 fleetwood pace arrow.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgreen View Post
I had same problem. It was low jack fluid.
X3!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote