Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Previous MH had a combo that got used all the time, especially after dry camping for a week. Start a load and leave...finished when you get back. New has stacked and while faster they take up twice the space and you have to be there and transfer to the dryer for them to be faster. DW would probably say get a combo, you will not regret it once you learn how to use it.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #16

Just replaced ours with a new one, Takes about half the time than the old one. Wouldnt leave home with out one
kvm1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #17

Our 98 Dynasty has a Splendide combo unit. All we used it for was heating a towel before getting out of the shower.

Our 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus has a 2 pc W/D set and we use it. How many times have you been to a Laundromat in a campground and it's dirty and the machines don't work or they are full?

Having your own set on board gives you the option for doing laundry.

We ordered our 2019 Allegro Bus with washer/dryer installed.
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
Long trip, FHU CG; you’ll be glad to have them.

BTW, we have stacked units. DW loves having her own. Use to laundromat before me and said she hated it. Happy wife,.......
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #19

We're full timing - love the stacked washer and dryer. We have plenty of room for our downsized 36' lifestyle.

Wouldn't be without it.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #20

You will probably love not having to make long trips to do your laundry, sometimes in the rain, not to mention difficulty finding machines available. We use ours all the time, well worth the storage you give up.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
My coach has the connection for a washer dryer combo. Currently a pantry. As I am making upgrades is it worth losing the storage to put in the combo? Soon it will be just the wife and me so we have plenty of other storage. I have heard that if you have one you really don't use it
Search the forum ... been discussed many times.

Plenty of RV parks with w/d. Plenty of laundromats. Plenty of places to buy more clothes.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Our first DP had a Combo, much better than nothing. So it took a long time to dry, it did it while we were watching TV, not watching the dryer.
We now have the stacked and they are just as good as home for just the 2 of us.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To me its usage model. Prior to retirement - in vacation mode, we would go out for weekends and a couple week long trips a year. Never used the laundry equipment. Now in retirement and traveling typically 1 to 3 months at a time - laundry gets used often. Would now not be without it.

As for combo vs separates. The capacity of separates makes them a must. Imho.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
Love our new Splendide Combo! Actually works better than the original one that conked out. I like that I don't have to lug dirty clothes to the camp laundromat or have piles of laundry when we get home...
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #25
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Our Diplomat had space for a combo unit, but we were not interested in a combo unit at that time, as we were still working at the time and we didn't get out as much as we do now. Our current and new coach, on order, have the stacked units. We wouldn't own a coach without one. Typically, a coach that has enough room for a stacked unit, will also have enough available storage for other stuff.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:18 PM   #26

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
My coach has the connection for a washer dryer combo. Currently a pantry. As I am making upgrades is it worth losing the storage to put in the combo? Soon it will be just the wife and me so we have plenty of other storage. I have heard that if you have one you really don't use it
Never had one before this coach. Now, DW isn't going to go without one.
I like it also, as we now don't have to load up a bunch for going to a laundry mat somewhere.
She just puts a load in, every 4 days or so, rather than wait for having a big enough and worthwhile load for taking it out and for killing most of the day.
Even those who do otherwise, will wash underwear and socks to delay an outside trip somewhat.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Never had one before this coach. Now, DW isn't going to go without one.

I like it also, as we now don't have to load up a bunch for going to a laundry mat somewhere.

She just puts a load in, every 4 days or so, rather than wait for having a big enough and worthwhile load for taking it out and for killing most of the day.

Even those who do otherwise, will wash underwear and socks to delay an outside trip somewhat.

We’ve never spent 2 hours , let alone a whole day at the laundromat , but ok
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our last coach had a combo, wife didn't like it but we had enough storage so the few times it was used, I did the laundry and was impressed on how well it performed.

Now we have stacked units and she actually likes using them. I wouldn't trade them for more storage, especially not for more pantry. I find it more fun to go to shopping than going to the laundry mat.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote