Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2021, 10:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
Blue Beacon
Another vote for Blue Beacon!

I know someone else mentioned Truck Washes in general, but I've been pretty pleased with Blue Beacon.

They get the job done quickly, and for a great price.

Only gripe is they don't wash the roof.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2021, 10:16 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I pulled into a park and the rig was absolutely filthy. They said no washing on site and did not have a mobile wash in they area. They said, “we want you to relax and enjoy your stay, not spend your time washing the coach.” We saw several rigs cleaning up with a bucket, so the next morning I got out early with my quick wash and proceeded to wash the rig by hand with a bucket. Owner drove by and just smiled. I said “I couldn’t relax with such a dirty coach.” My thinking it was better to ask forgiveness than permission
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBGE View Post
I've noticed a lot of the better parks I am staying at don't allow washing of your coach, but there are a lot of shiny coaches parked there.

What's the secret? Slum at a lower end park for a day and have your coach washed?

Just being facetious, but seriously how do.you handle this?
Well,
Everyone's got to handle this type of situation in their own manor. We've been traveling and camping for years now and, it's not only "better end parks" that don't allow washing of your coach, it's MOST PARKS in general. And many of those that don't allow YOU to do it, WILL ALLOW for a detail company to enter their park and wash YOUR coach FOR YOU.

There's lots of reasons that RV park owners work things this way. I suspect that the primary reason is they don't want FLOODS caused by bone heads that let the water run or, use an extraordinary amount of water to wash and rinse.

Knowing all this, we take our own approach. I'm not gonna go looking around for a *Truck wash* or, an *RV* specific wash establishment, especially towing one of our toads. Soooooo, I do it, in my opinion, the easy way.

What I do is, find a vacant parking lot, Lowes, Home Depot, Church, Walmart, anything that looks like there's little to ZERO traffic in it. I park the coach in a rear corner some place and, go to work. I break out my little 1.7 GPM Karchner pressure washer, a 60' Nylon roll-able hose, my foldable ladder and a bucket, brush and hand mop. My inverter will handle the load of the pressure washer but, I just fire up the genny anyway.

I get the big girl wet, then brush it down with soap and water, then rinse. When that's done, the wife gets all the low stuff and I use the ladder to hit the higher stuff. From the time I set the brakes, to start the process, to the time I release the brakes to head over to an intended campground, it's pretty much about, 1 hour.

I have a very clean coach. It didn't cost me ANYTHING. And, I'm proud of it as we park and set up in our camp spot/RV spot. And, the really good part is, when we leave that area where we washed it, you can almost tell we were NEVER THERE. There is very, very little water run-off due to the fact that we're using a miser type pressure washer and we're cognizant of what we're doing.

We have been doing it this way for years and year. We don't do it very often but, if and when needed, we jump on it and get it done. There are some, I say SOME RV parks that will allow a customer to wash their coach and most that do, will charge you a minimal fee, usually around $5.00 or so. But, those are rare. Good luck.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:24 AM   #18

We have used Blue Beacon if convenient. As mentioned, the independent mobile services like "Wishy Wash" will come to your home or campsite to wash and wax. Many parks will allow them because they bring their own water. One park let us wash it ourselves for a $10 fee. My son has a High Pressure Washer installed in his coach and will wash it in a parking lot using his own soft water supply. There's many ways to have a clean coach. Just use the one most convenient for you.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Like SPK24, we use all of the techniques listed, depending on the situation. No one can really stop you from doing a "safety" wash of your windshield to remove bugs. That morphs into washing the front cap and down the sides to the front wheels. I stop there if washing is prohibited. The biggest thing is to NOT flaunt the rules by having ladders, towels and water running everywhere.

I keep a rolling stool in my bay. In some situations, I sit on it and roll down the sides of the coach, using the Wash Wax All. I do up to about the 6' height, the dirtiest part of the coach. Occasionally, I'll hire someone to detail the coach.

It's really tough, out west, to find campgrounds that let you wash your coach because of water shortage issues, but often if you ask, they'll say okay or charge a minimum fee.

I've done the parking lot thing a couple of times too. With a 100 gallon water tank and a powerful water pump or cheap electric pressure washer, I can use the onboard water pump to wet and rinse the coach.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooking View Post
I pulled into a park and the rig was absolutely filthy. They said no washing on site and did not have a mobile wash in they area. They said, “we want you to relax and enjoy your stay, not spend your time washing the coach.” We saw several rigs cleaning up with a bucket, so the next morning I got out early with my quick wash and proceeded to wash the rig by hand with a bucket. Owner drove by and just smiled. I said “I couldn’t relax with such a dirty coach.” My thinking it was better to ask forgiveness than permission
Unless the written rules I signed at check-in state no vehicle washing, I just do it. I carry a bucket, extendable brush, soap,(we all carry a hose) and a chamois to dry windows and eliminate spotting.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:57 PM   #21

Lucas Oil products makes a GREAT quick detailer if your coach needs a quick touch up. No water needed, just a clean micro fiber towel. Give this stuff a try sometime, it works awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-LUC...s%2C419&sr=8-2
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:33 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooking View Post
+2, that's what we have done. I use the long brush and hand sponge. I like state parks because most of the time they have good water softners.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:24 PM   #23

Before our first trip of the year, in conjunction with de-winterizing, I try to wash my coach.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:05 PM   #24
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've used Blue Beacon several times and I've always been happy with the job.

Some CGs will let you wash for an additional fee. If not, they always have a mobile detailer that can do it.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I've used Blue Beacon several times and I've always been happy with the job.

Some CGs will let you wash for an additional fee. If not, they always have a mobile detailer that can do it.
Do you let them use their brushes or just soap and water?

I was going to use a BB in Knoxville, but the line was 6 trucks deep. I was going to ask them if their brushes would scratch the paint before I decided.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Another vote for Blue Beacon!

I know someone else mentioned Truck Washes in general, but I've been pretty pleased with Blue Beacon.

They get the job done quickly, and for a great price.

Only gripe is they don't wash the roof.
Some Blue Beacon bays have spray heads overhead and do wash the roof... no brushing / scrubing but it at least gets the bulk of it.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #27

On my recent trip, I noticed mobile wash trucks driving through a couple of campgrounds we stayed at. It is my guess only most folks wouldn't want to go through the added expense of using them. Last I checked my 36' DP would cost about $150 for a mobile wash. This thread has opened me up to Blue Beacon which I never heard of before. I checked out their prices and they don't seem too bad for an RV and I would be willing to give them a shot next trip.

I try to conserve money when traveling and camping, otherwise, I'd ditch the RV and take my car and stay in nice hotels.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #28

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have washed the coach myself in the past and taken pride in its appearance. However the clock has basically caught up with me and it has become a chore.
I had an RV wash outfit do the coach recently in a camp ground and it was a terrible job and expensive.

I plan on trying the Blue Beacon in Florence, S C in the next few weeks and see how that will work. I called to check the procedure and pricing. Per the person on the phone a 40 foot coach $39.95 add the Rain X spray $13.00. They do not do the roof, but spray it from above.
I will as I said try it and hope for the best, wish me luck.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote