Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
......I have a clear plastic attachment on our RhinoFlex RV Sewer drain hose so I can tell when the tank is clean and only clear water is draining.......Jon
Have used the clearview adapter for years, now with the two toilet/tank system on the Itasca 35F it is a must. I have to pump the waste across the RV via a 1.5 in internal hose to the collection manifold wherein it drains into the stinky slinky, the clearview is a definite plus for seeing when you have cleaned the tank.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2015, 07:01 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
lenny Shawna ,
I had the macerator on a %th wheel for a few years and when I bought the MoHo I
transferred the macerator to the MoHo . I used it for several years untill I got caught
in sub zero weather and It froze . I never had any problems with 'sludge' in either of the two RV the macerator was installed on . I am careful of what goes into the toilet , as most people are . I don't dump unless I have 3/4 of a black tank. My 45 gal tank in the Bounder will last a week and traveling from campground to campground will break up any solids . One can also spray or rinse or whatever to flush out the tank if needed. After dumping I add 4 or 5 gal water and a cup of cheap laundry detergent
and drive to next campsite. The macerator is 10 years old and other than freezing it never gave me any trouble . But I do like to try new things out and I liked the waste master concept enough to give it a try . It's been on the Bounder for a couple of seasons and will leave it on for this winter . I think I may rebuild the macerator next summer . I really liked the lightweight hose that stores easily .
To answer your question about time . Yes the macerator does take longer to empty the tank. About 2 min more , but then the ease of storing the lightweight hose and no rinsing needed , unless you want to, the whole time factor becomes about even .
Old 12-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #17

I tried many hoses before I discovered the Dominator hose a couple of years ago. It is the best and is now available at Camping World. Problems solved.
jerryhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
We've had the wastemaster for about a year and are real happy with it.....so much easier to connect and use. I did buy a male end and put a normal bayonet fitting on it so we can use our sewer solution when necessary....that also would enable us to use regular sewer hoses - if we had any. We also put cam locks from tractor supply on all the water hoses and fittings...now they are easier to use and no more leaky hose fittings or needing 2 pliers.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:43 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the Sani Con ever since I've had the coach. Bought it new in 6/'06 and had the Sani Con installed before we left the dealers. Easiest way to go.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:11 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Have the Rinoflex nice hose.
hillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #21

I have tried many hoses and had nothing but problems with most of them. I finally tried the Blue line Presto fit 5 years ago. They have been trouble free and I highly recommend them.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
I have used the Sewer Solution for about 5 years.

I would buy it again.

But.....I also carry a stinky slinky for high speed dumping in Dump Station events.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillman View Post
Have the Rinoflex nice hose.
Like many new to the hobby and lifestyle, I started off with the screw on and clamp Camco hoses back in the late 80's, and found out that they were an an accident waiting to happen, then to the all red EZ couplers. On one occasion we stayed on my brother in law property for a while, I had to run 8 of them to reach the septic tank fitting. Had to replace one to two sections every month for the entire length we stayed there due sun damaged and/or occasional crushing from being stepped upon. Gave some thought to doing a PVC line, put I would have had to rent a trencher as their property was nothing but hard dark red clay. Next I got Dominator Hoses. Bought 2 fives and two 15 footers, but had no better luck with the than I did with the cheaper EZ couplers. The five footer I use in the wet bay as an extension with the Clearview just outside the wet bay. I've had zero problems with it. The 10 footers have both been a disappointment. The first one I used coming cross country sprang a pinhole leak before we arrived on this end of the country, and the second one started leaking at the swivel joint first time I used it. The best part of them was that I quickly learned to like the collapse and hold to a smaller size was noce. The Rhinoflex hose is my next stop. Just ordered a 10 and a fifteen foot and will hope for better luck on these.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #24

I had a Rhino flex hose. When it was about 2 years old, I picked it up and came uncoiled and looked like a big corkscrew.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by neschultz View Post
We've had the wastemaster for about a year and are real happy with it.....so much easier to connect and use. I did buy a male end and put a normal bayonet fitting on it so we can use our sewer solution when necessary....that also would enable us to use regular sewer hoses - if we had any. We also put cam locks from tractor supply on all the water hoses and fittings...now they are easier to use and no more leaky hose fittings or needing 2 pliers.
Glad you like the WM. I just ordered mine.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:12 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
I also bought this frame and mounted it with a 4" sewer PVC to the other side of the RV for storage. They make one with a door also. You can get them from Sewer Hose Systems | Drain Master
Old 12-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #27

[QUOTE=neschultz;2854071]I also bought this frame and mounted it with a 4" sewer PVC to the other side of the RV for storage. They make one with a door also. You can get them from Sewer Hose Systems | Drain Master

Nice. I did see the one with the door I just not sure where to install it. I wish it was sold locally so I could return it if it doesn't fit.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #28

Spartan Chassis
Installed my drain master cam lock system 4+ years ago. Love it! Cam locks are used on commercial fuel tank trucks for a reason. Bayonet fittings are subject to leaking and even worse disconnection. Shades of the Robin Williams movie RV.

The extra valve at the end of the Drain Master hose is very useful. If one has a black tank plug. You can shut your black tank valve, raise up the extra valve end and fill up with water and close valve. Re-insert into drain, open black tank valve and then open the extra valve. The column of water in hose will usually loosen the plug in the black tank. Had to do this several times before I installed an additional Camco Tornado black tank flusher.

Rhino has heavy duty hose, has beefed up the bayonet connections as much as is possible, and is an OK solution.
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote