Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #15

I moved the TV from the cab-over area to over the table. I used an overhead flat screen mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1477421197162.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	142632  
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Dennis45,
looks like the seats will never move, strapped down like that, guess the beer will not be saved...
Old 10-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER FAN View Post
Dennis45,
Very nice job you did , looks comfy + and professionally done. One of my couch's is getting the boot and i think I will copy your idea.
I would love to take the credit for the workmanship but I'm really not that talented when it comes to wood. We had this all done by a company in Spokane, WA. Really happy with their work.

RV Remodeling | Custom RV Remodeling & Repair @ Truline RV
Old 10-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
Dennis45,
looks like the seats will never move, strapped down like that, guess the beer will not be saved...
The seat belts were left from the original couch that was removed. Not that we have passengers in these but they work well to secure the chairs when going down the road.
Don't worry, the beer will be looked after. Waste Not, Want Not.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
For 500$ those headphone viewers are pricey but look very interesting. How about giving us a review on good and bad and your impressions?
I've not had very much time to play with them yet as we're packing up our coach for a couple of months of storage while we fly back home to visit the family for Christmas. When we get back on the road in January I'll give them a good run through and report back.

For now, from my brief experience, they are much more comfortable to wear than you'd think from their appearance. The audio works great for blocking out external noise and my DW says she appreciates not having to hear what I am watching of playing (games) while she's reading. The video is the best part though. The HD display system puts you in front of a huge screen and it does a great job with both 2D and 3D video. I can also hook it up to my PS4 and play VR games in 3D with head-tracking.

So far, I'm impressed.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #20

What do folks do that have limited space and no slides? Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Upgrade coaches ?!?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydo View Post
While looking online at used DP's for sale, I'm wondering how do you watch tv when the screen always seems to be at 90 degrees to the seating areas? Most floor plans I see have sofas on the sides with a tv over the driving area, and occasionally in the wall that separates the living area from the bedroom.

Chris
If nobody would buy a RV when the TV is uncomfortable to watch manufactures would stop building them that way.

Until then you have 4 choices:
1.) Buy a RV with the TV located in a comfortable viewing location.
2.) Move the TV to a location where you can comfortably watch it.
3.) Move the furniture in the RV to a location from which you can see the TV comfortably.
4.) Add a TV in a location where you can comfortably watch it.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Upgrade coaches ?!?
Not helpful. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #24

Dennis45, do you know the brand of the recliners? We have been looking & very few available in the size needed.
schools out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #25

TV placement in our coach was a very I important decision for me (wife, not so much) in our purchase of our first RV almost 2 years ago.

What we decided on:
"Primary" TV mounted opposite L sofa, plus overhead above driver / passenger seat. Overhead TV is used for "casual" viewing, as it is easy to glance at anywhere in the coach and the few times we watch while eating, one person can see it, the other the main TV. The only thing we have found is that one of the surround speakers is directly over the kitchen area, so it can be a bit annoying (to my wife)....

What I would also consider, and just spent quite a bit of time in recently camping with friends of ours, is the mid coach wall mounted, but not on the same side as the kitchen (see Tiffin 34PA, and the AP Busses). Great viewing from the drivers / passenger seat. Great lying down on the couch (yes, sitting on the couch, you are at 90 degrees which was a concern of mine as well, but you have the other seating options), and great sitting on the one side of the dinette. Other side of dinette sees the overhead front TV. OK, the fact we are hanging out in thier new 40AP was nice, but really, that viewing set up is very good. I had also been concerned about the distance from the drivers / passenger seats to the TV, but on the 40'er it is really a good distance. The bad, is that viewing from the chair next to the couch may not be particularly good, depending on which end of the couch it is on.

What I did not find suitable:
Mid coach wall mounted on the kitchen work area side of coach because it creates a viewing issue when someone is in the kitchen area.
Pop up behind dinette - originally liked this, but quickly changed our minds; can't really watch from the dinette, and no one can use the dinnette if you are watching TV even if the couch is properly set across from the TV.

And an outisde TV was a must have, and I use it whenever I can to watch sports. I have worked out the glare issues as well; zip on sunscreen on the awning and / or a 5'x6' black backdrop that I clip to the awning flap, and the underside of the flip up door is flat black......

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydo View Post
While looking online at used DP's for sale, I'm wondering how do you watch tv when the screen always seems to be at 90 degrees to the seating areas? Most floor plans I see have sofas on the sides with a tv over the driving area, and occasionally in the wall that separates the living area from the bedroom.

Chris
Many of the TV view accesses in all price ranges of RV are border line stupid. Swivel mounts, pop ups, ceiling fold downs are all within the manufacturers ability.

I have a 40" on the divider wall and a 26" above the dash. I'm happy, I'll generally have both on with sound only thru the 40".
Old 10-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #27

We have a 2 couch layout with 2 synced tv's (well they were/are supposed to be one of the things needing fixed.) The tv up front between driver and passenger seat works well if we lay down on the couches. The tv behind the smaller couch works if we want to sit together. The one up front also works for one person from the table.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #28

Country Coach Owners Club
I do not watch TV except for Basketball and Football games we have recorded. (I hate commercials!)

My DW sits on the J Lounge looking directly at the tv and watches regularly.

I sit in the navigator chair or on the sofa and read books.

Works for us.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote