Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Water coming leaking through fresh water hose

Could use some help on something that just doesn't make sense to me. A few weeks back I posted that when using the water from our fresh water tank (not hooked up to water at a campground) and the water pump is turned on, water continuously leaks out of the hose that would connect to the campground water, but isn't. If the water pump is off, no leak. The group nicely educated me that the one way valve had probably stuck open, so I needed to replace it. Simple, makes sense, should solve the issue.

I install a new one way valve (check valve) but because of the incredible time to get to the original valve I simply install the new valve right where the water comes in off the hose reel. In other words, no water can come into the coach without passing this one way valve, whether hooked up to campground water or filling the fresh water tank. Well, I still have the same issue.

What am I missing? It has to be something simple that this old mind won't come up with. I am at the point that I am going to pull out everything in the wet bay to remove the panels to get to the plumbing behind the panels. I did this years ago when I first got the coach and it was a bear, the way Tiffin designed the panels. I said if I had to do it again, I was going to redesign the panels so they are easier to access.

Here is a pic of the valve I installed. I know there are others, smaller, but this was readily available so I used it.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2022, 09:45 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry, this is the valve I installed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	377642  
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:03 PM   #3

Water coming leaking through fresh water hose

Those valves are hard to replace. Ours failed, so I just screwed a male hose plug into it. Later I added an external hose valve.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
Sorry, this is the valve I installed

Did you install it correctly so 'flow' is into RV?

Hose Reel......check valve>>>>>city water inlet

If you connect hose does water flow into RV?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, hose, leak, water