Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2022, 02:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Water Coming up

We've got a 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 42A that we are now living in full time. We bought it from a dealer and about a week or two after we started living in it we found water coming up through the grout lines in the tile. This is happening in the middle of the floor, at least a foot away from any vertical surface. It seems to have everyone stumped at the dealership. The 3 techs have never seen anything like it, nor has anyone else. The tiles are now cracked and are peaking. The dealership is going to look at it again but not for another 3 weeks. Any ideas where it could be coming from?
BillySally is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #2

I don't have an answer, but, It's a very interesting problem. I would like to follow this post for the answer. Thank you.
edge68474 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
When does the water come up? After a rain? During a rain?
Old 04-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #4

Do you have heated tile floors by any chance?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:37 PM   #5

2013 Fleetwood Discovery 42A is a nice rig, but not so sure if offered with liquid radiant floor heat. If so ,you should be able to smell or taste glycol. A plumbing leak could run between wood and tile, especially if tile does not also continue under cabinet that plumbing be at or running through. One reason to run on fresh water tank ,even a small fresh water leak will cause the pump to cycle ,alerting you to a "possible" leak.
Some of my cabinets have false floors I can just pry out, the carpet friction keeps them tight, others have screws.
Anything leaking into bays? Although some are plastic pods or are utility and wouldn't show. I don't know 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 42A enough to say how evert bay is.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:26 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
No heated floors but the basement is heated. No noise from the pump. No cabinets near the water, the bed is right there but no visible signs when you look in the storage under the bed. That's the closest thing to it. The main bathroom is on the raised floor towards the back of the coach. Yes there are lots of water sources, toilet, sink, shower, washer. My thought is it's coming from one of these. The dealer says they resealed the roof at the back of the coach. Above the engine and 10 feet away from the leak.. The basement is enclosed and I'm not sure how to remove anything to get a look. The dealer is going to have another go at it. Very glad we're staying locally for a while. Sure wouldn't want to have this happen if you're a few hundred miles away.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:02 AM   #7

Following. As you all have said, this is weird .
Old 04-13-2022, 07:28 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
From personal experience water can migrate under floor tile. In my case the leak was about 14 feet away. Most likely the sub floor is damaged and may be a source for mold in the future. That being said you probably need to replace the tile, I did. With tile removed I was able to trace the water source back to the shower drain. This was on my previous Gulfstream, and the dealer couldn't find it either. It was under warranty, but I had to finally fix it myself. Ended up filing a lawsuit against the dealer and Gulfstream for reimbursement. I had to replace tile and some sub floor. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:13 AM   #9

My Washer Dryer leaked and I was not even sure from where. Pulled it out tested it on tile floor. The garden hose fitting washers were like pink crumbly dirt. Probably damaged by the cheaper pink antifreeze with alcohol and just age.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:15 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on water, water damage, and mold. If there is water there will be damage and mold. The only way to fix is to pull the tile. This will be a costly repair if it is done right.

I had a problem in my front passenger side area right behind the passenger seat. I suspect it was from my wifes dogs spilling their water dishes one to many times. She says no way. The floor started to get soft, I could feel it flexing. Finally dove into it and fount this. Ended up replacing all the flooring other then the ceramic tile. Doing it all myself cost ~$1600 for materials, took me a good week to get it done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor damage.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	362249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Front Finished.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	362250  

jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:43 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm positive there's a lot of damage to the tile and the subfloor. Tiles are lifting grout is broken and no doubt about mold going to happen. The tile runs all the way through the coach and it's installed on the diagonal, meaning there is nowhere to cut it off to change the color or product. Gonna be a mess.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySally View Post
I'm positive there's a lot of damage to the tile and the subfloor. Tiles are lifting grout is broken and no doubt about mold going to happen. The tile runs all the way through the coach and it's installed on the diagonal, meaning there is nowhere to cut it off to change the color or product. Gonna be a mess.

Your tile floor, when repaired, can be terminated just like it is against your side-walls; each triangle piece is 1/2 of a 12" square tile. Any competent ceramic tile installer can do it easily. Then a transition strip is installed to cover the joint where tile and carpet? meet. In fact my MH has such configuration.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:36 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've been doing floors for better than 45years. These are 24x24 on a 45 degree angle with a 4" medallion on each corner. Not quite so simple. But thanks.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:08 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is the water close to your fridge? Ice maker lines go bad in a coach really quick, can't always hear them squirting water either. The water can go places you would never think it would end up.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water