Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #1

Water coming up the shower

1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer,
Water coming up thr shower. Tried snake, baking soda & Vinegar. No good! Chked gray water valve. It was closed, but had hard time pulling and closing. Like it doesnt feel correct in pulling/closing value.
How in the world, do I get to that valve??? Its behind the panel. Also, its leaking under the shower drain ( black pipe that connects to shower drain. How do I seal that?
Thank you, all!!!
BigBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2021, 05:10 PM   #2

Pull the grey valve and use coat hanger or similar device and run up from the dump to see if the valve is still closed, blocking flow. Fastest way to check to see if the valve is still closed when you pull the handle. If still closed and the handle is pulled then it needs replaced.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:07 PM   #3

Hi Cutch!
Very bright idea!!! Thank you, very much. Will try on Saturday, will let you know results!
Old 10-07-2021, 07:19 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sounds like your grey water tank is overfull.

When was the last time you dumped it?
Old 10-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Sounds like your grey water tank is overfull.

When was the last time you dumped it?
X2
Dump or is the issue it does not dump
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:56 PM   #6

"Its behind the panel. Also, its leaking under the shower drain ( black pipe that connects to shower drain. How do I seal that?"

Drain valve not opening and shower drain leaking....gonna need to open up the 'panel' as in remove it so you can access BOTH drump valve and the shower drain

Shower drain will have a 'P' trap just like regular house plumbing
Hopefully it is just a loose fitting and not a cracked line
But until you remove the panel and access it anything would be a guess

Same with dump valve.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #7

Hi!
Im going to take apart the panel. The value is way in the back! I will let you folks know the outcome. Thank you, all!
Old 10-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #8

BigBert-

Before you take out the wet bay "white panel," look on the opposite side of the coach (that is, the passenger side) for an access hatch into that area.

Our coaches may be similar; once Monaco made certain design decisions, they hung onto them for years. On our coach, there is a hatch in the passenger-side storage bay opposite the wet bay. It is in the compartment in front of the battery bay. The hatch is small- about 12 by 20 inches- made of sheet aluminum and screwed into the compartment wall. By climbing through that hatch, you can reach the black and grey water valves, and the Ford in-the-gas-tank fuel pump.

Or, you could remove the white panel; I have. Pictures are here. A sample picture is below. You can just make out the grey water valve in the fourth and fifth pictures at that link. I could barely reach the grey water valve with the panel removed, but not the black water valve. That has to be done via the hatch.

I have since rebuilt the piping so I don't have to squeeze through that hatch to get to (those) dump valves any more. The cables are gone, too.

I hope this might save you some time and trouble.

Finally, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:57 PM   #9

Hi!
Thank you so much on your information! It was exactly what I needed. So amazing, they (Holiday Rambler) dont provide this type of information!
I was able to remove the old value. I moved it behind the panel that houses the sewer system. It took 1 1/2 days for me to repair the problem. It was plug up at the mouth of Gray water tank!!! I was able to use a wirer fisher to poke inside that tank! It just came pouring out!!! What a Mess!!! I like to include my pictures, but I trying to figure how to do that.. Again, Big thanks to you and everyone else that responded.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #10

Gray water smell worse than the black water. I always put some Happy Camper in the gray water tank. This eliminates the smell of the gray water. Now you also found out that the only reliable tank sensor is:
Click image for larger version

Name:	An Accurate Tank Gauge.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	345887
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #11

Just the post I did or did not need to see. This trip out I have developed a new problem with my black water tank I had started to suspect. It appears the original owners heirs may have used the coach connected with the valves open. When I dumped the other day it initially emptied just fine and then when I was flushing it clean, it slowed to a trickle and the flusher was refilling the tank. I let it sit with the valve open and it drained slowly again. I went ahead and turned the flusher back on and let it refill to about 1/3 and threw in a couple new enzyme paks. We boogie from here Thursday morning, so I'll dump on Wednesday afternoon and hope for the best. I think I'll fill the tank back to about a 1/3 and give it another double dose of enzymes, 500+ miles of sloshing around on the way home should bust things up a bit. I might have to grab a snake from the house before I dump in case I need to break things up from the toilet end. I plan to overhaul the wet bay and replace my dump valves since I don't trust them(damn grey leaks anyhow).
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBert View Post
Hi!
Thank you so much on your information! It was exactly what I needed. So amazing, they (Holiday Rambler) dont provide this type of information!
I was able to remove the old value. I moved it behind the panel that houses the sewer system. It took 1 1/2 days for me to repair the problem. It was plug up at the mouth of Gray water tank!!! I was able to use a wirer fisher to poke inside that tank! It just came pouring out!!! What a Mess!!! I like to include my pictures, but I trying to figure how to do that.. Again, Big thanks to you and everyone else that responded.

Bert, did you replace both of your valves while you were in there? It might be prudent, one thing you said caught my attention was that you had enough solids in your grey tank to plug the outlet. There should not be that much solid material in your grey tank so you could have some leakage problems. Then of course there is the age of the valves if you have not replaced them before.
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:40 AM   #13

Hi!

No, only the one for the Gray tank. But, yes there is a leak under the shower drain. At first, it was loose. So, I tightened it. But, it still is leaking. I think, I need to put a new seal. That black tank value, it is working. It is right behind the panel, so it wont be too much work to replace if it goes south on me. BTW, can you explain how to paste pictures? Again, Thank you.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBert View Post
Hi!

BTW, can you explain how to paste pictures? Again, Thank you.

When you add a post, scroll down a bit and you'll see "Manage Attachments".
Then browse & upload a file/pic etc. from your computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manage attachments on IRV2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	345971  

Tags
shower, water