Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2021, 10:26 PM   #1

Water draining 1998 Magna

We just had a heavy freeze and i noticed i had a stream of water coming from one of the drain hoses by the fresh water self drain. What could this be. When i hookup to the water hose for coach the drain stops...Has me very confused..Water pump does not work and looking for fuse also..
thanks
dwight
Getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2021, 10:52 PM   #2

Water draining 1998 Magna

My 1998 CC Magna has water coming from a drain next to the fresh water drain. It stops when i have to outside faucet connected and valve turned on. Anyone know what this could be? Has me totally confused..Water pump not working but haven't found it yet.
Thanks
Dwight
Getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:07 AM   #3

Could it be your condensation line from A/C
RV-LEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:27 AM   #4

On my 2000 Magna there are 3 solenoid valves that are used for fresh water drains. I had one that refused to close after I drained the tanks and repaired the valve. These valves have a rubber diaphragm with a small hole, maybe 1/8", to allow pressure to equalize on both sides of the diaphragm that can plug up with calcium that will keep the valve from securely closing. The calcium deposit was my problem and it was easily removed. I was able to take the valve apart without removing it. If you need information on taking the valve apart, google Red Hat Solenoid Valves. I ordered a rebuild kit but didn't need it. The kits are pricey but the valves are even pricier.

I don't know if that is the cause of your problem; just an idea.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:13 AM   #5

An easy fix is a Shark bite valve snapped on where it exits the coach, open to drain and close to stop leak from solenoid.
pogoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getbak View Post
We just had a heavy freeze and i noticed i had a stream of water coming from one of the drain hoses by the fresh water self drain. What could this be. When i hookup to the water hose for coach the drain stops...Has me very confused..Water pump does not work and looking for fuse also..
thanks
dwight
Just guessing, but you may have a partially frozen fresh water tank and lines. When forms, the water expands and raises the level in the tank, That's what you may be seeing coming from the overflow tube. Your lines to the pump may also be frozen and that's why the pump doesn't work. Not clear to me about the hose hook-up. Do you mean the fresh water hose to shore for water usage in the coach?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
My water pump is behind the flat wall panel on the left side of the Utility Compartment.

4 screws and some caulk hold the panel in place.

The drain solenoids and, way in the back, the water pump are inside.

WP is a pain for me to change due to its location.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water