Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Water dripping from overflow

A problem has developed recently. While hooked up tp City Water, I've noticed water dripping slowly from my water tank overflow outlet. When I drain a little water from the water tank, the dripping stops for a short time, but soon starts up again. My "newbie" status has me buffaloed.
Michguy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The overflow means it's full. When you're connected to city water are you directing the water into your tank or is the valve showing "normal'?
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
your water pump could be leaking past the valves.or the water diverter valve that fills the water tank could be leaking. Make sure all the water control valves are turned off completely.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I have a lever that 's labeled "City Water Serve", and it's in the proper position. It appears to me that my City Water goes through my tank and keeps it constantly full. My coach is a 2005 National Tropical T370, and unfortunately, I bought it used and have no manuals that show anything about te water system.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
I'll check all of the Valves and get bacvk with y'all. Thanks for your responses.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Recently my drain valve for the fresh water tank started dripping. Newmar uses the same type ball valve for fresh water fill, if it was leaking it would fill the fresh water tank. Maybe your fresh water fill valve has started leaking? It only would take a small leak for the tank to fill after a few hours.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #7

Even though your "City Water Serve" valve is in the correct position does not mean that it can't leak. I had the same problem and after replacing the leaky valve found that if the old one was backed off slightly it would have sealed. The replacement valves are inexensive but a bear to get at to replace.

Have a nice day - Darrel
Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 AM   #8

I have a similiar problem, but my water tank is NOT full. It's only about 2/3 full. During the last couple visits to RV parks, I hooked up to their water supply with the valve positioned to the city water position. I noticed that the drain in the tank bay after a day or so started dripping and the carpet in the compartment next to the tank bay (which is not accessible that I can see) gets wet spots. Trying to figure out how to find the leak source.
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #9
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by michguy View Post
A problem has developed recently. While hooked up tp City Water, I've noticed water dripping slowly from my water tank overflow outlet. When I drain a little water from the water tank, the dripping stops for a short time, but soon starts up again. My "newbie" status has me buffaloed.
Michguy
Are you talking about the overflow on your fresh water tank or the pressure relief valve on your hot water tank?
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Are you talking about the overflow on your fresh water tank or the pressure relief valve on your hot water tank?
Exactly what I was thinking. Mine leaks a little if it's cold outside ( sometimes ).

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We had exactly the same problem recently. Someone on this site suggested the park water pressure was to high and "forced" water past some of the valves. IT WAS..... No more problems after acquiring a whole house water pressure reducer (adjustable) at Lowes (or Home Depot).
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
It's the overflow for the fresh water.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
So Darrel, are you saying that if I back the valve off a we bit, it just might stop dripping ?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #14

Try switching the valve back and forth a few times. Mine did it once and that helped mine. Could be stuck just a little.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water