Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #1

Water fill issues

Just purchased a 1998 Sea View by National. No manuals or instructions and newbie to motorhomes so looking for help (have received much already by hours of reading these posts—thanks). So I hooked up a water hose to check my tanks and pump etc. and following the directions on my IAPMO plate for Fill (not Serve or Drain) the water started leaking from the cracks below the hose fill. Removed the cover and the water is pouring out what looks like a release hole in a plastic distribution thingy where all the connecting hoses meet. Am I doing something wrong? Is this distribution center malfunctioning?
Thanks for any help. Can take pics if needed.
jmr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #2

That fitting could have been cracked because of poor winterising followed by a deep freeze. May not show up at the lower pump pressure but does at mains pressure - especially if there is no pressure reducer at the input fitting

Or, if your water pressure is VERY high it could have overstressed the plastic
Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
X2 what Tony said. Scroll down this page to Forum Jump, Go to the National Rv Owners site.. First try a search, "water fill", "Water valve" If no answers then post the question. Someone will have the fix for you
Old 09-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
That fitting could have been cracked because of poor winterising followed by a deep freeze. May not show up at the lower pump pressure but does at mains pressure - especially if there is no pressure reducer at the input fitting

Or, if your water pressure is VERY high it could have overstressed the plastic
There is a high end pressure reducer in place so I think it may be a freeze. The fixture is made of hard plastic with no outside signs of cracking but it looks like the hole may have had something covering it that could have popped off.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhoward49 View Post
X2 what Tony said. Scroll down this page to Forum Jump, Go to the National Rv Owners site.. First try a search, "water fill", "Water valve" If no answers then post the question. Someone will have the fix for you
Scrolled down but did not see "Forum Jump."
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr123 View Post
Scrolled down but did not see "Forum Jump."
Found it, thanks.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr123 View Post
Just purchased a 1998 Sea View by National. No manuals or instructions and newbie to motorhomes so looking for help (have received much already by hours of reading these posts—thanks). So I hooked up a water hose to check my tanks and pump etc. and following the directions on my IAPMO plate for Fill (not Serve or Drain) the water started leaking from the cracks below the hose fill. Removed the cover and the water is pouring out what looks like a release hole in a plastic distribution thingy where all the connecting hoses meet. Am I doing something wrong? Is this distribution center malfunctioning?
Thanks for any help. Can take pics if needed.
Here is a pic I found of the regulator.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #8

Guess a moulding recess would result in a thinner wall at that point which would go first. Often those hard plastic components crack where a metal male fitting is screwed into a female thread too tightly but this sounds different.

Still might be worth asking the question on the National forum. Cross-posting isn't usually encouraged, but under the circumstances, since this post has drawn a blank ...

Tags
water