Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by takpay View Post
I just couldn't mine, then but in the old milk crate . I did see a person that could her's then puts into a bag that would have held jumper cables. Have to say it was nice. Just have to find a new jumper cable bag

Sent from my N9136 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
We use 2 hoses, white for fresh, grey for unsanitary projects. They are stored in appropriately colored, separate dry bags.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I coil it up, screw the two ends together so no residual water drips, and stow it in one of the storage compartments
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #31

I use a round plastic Christmas wreath storage container for my stinky slinky and a separate one(of course) for my fresh water hoses. Very cheap right after Xmas. My expandable hose just gets dumped in a plastic bucket. All hoses have quick disconnects and every connection gets dunked in a high ball glass of alcohol before and after every connection.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #32

I use Zero G 5/8" hose and an orange cord reel from Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-150-...0PDQ/205038360
wjijr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Show Bags

When I go to an RV show I collect large sturdy plastic bags from Camping World and other vendors. I can roll up two 25 foot hoses and fit them both in one bag. Since the bags are plastic (you also will find plastic lined bags) they can handle a bit of spilled water without a problem. Use a smaller bag for just one hose. After rolling a hose up I couple the ends together before bagging and that eliminates any water leaking issues and helps to keep them rolled up. If you have an external water filter and/or water softener you can store your shorter hoses the same way.
Steve 716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milford 47 View Post
I have the same question and haven't read the description of the expandable hoses. I was curious as well if they are NSF? Since we have several using them someone should know.

I could be mistaken, but I think the "expandable hoses" that came out several years ago mainly expanded in length and maybe slightly in diameter. The newer Zero hoses appear to expand in diameter but little if any in length. I like that concept much better.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:44 AM   #35

People say we drank out of garden hose when we were kids so big deal. But! We drink out of our hose 24/7. I don’t want lead poisoning. We use Zero-G.
We don’t carry extra water unless it taste bad.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
This is what we use. However, we use bottled for consumption.

Attachment 242322
Same here. I store it in a clean plastic pail. We have never carried bottled water for drinking purposes.
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:02 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
every connection gets dunked in a high ball glass of alcohol before and after every connection.
What is your preferred alcohol for that application ...vodka, tequila, gin
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #38

Cordpro

Hello
I use a Cordpro I found on Amazon. It can be a bit of a pain for rolling up but stores very compactly. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O9RJQU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1
edd210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
May I inquire. When you say expandable, I think of the garden hose you get at many places. However, they are not designated "water hose" and I have been taught (maybe falsely) you need a true water hose to get clean water for RV use.
So, more info, please.
You need two hose systems. One to flush things when dumping and the other to supply drinking and cooking water. The expandable garden hoses are suitable for flushing. There are expandables that are specified to be good for drinking and cooking.

The difference in materials used to construct the hose is lead free (heavy) metals and nontoxic plastic or rubber flexible hose material and washers.

I saw one post where a park ranger told a camper he could not hook a blue expandable potable water hose to park water spigots. He was only allowed to hook white hoses.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:28 AM   #40

American Coach Owners Club
I also use the Zero-G 5/8" hose. Have quick disconnect on coach and hose. Store in a plastic bad. Two years and no problems. My stinky slinky is on my Aquahot bay door. See pic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stinky%20Hoses.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	244597
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #41

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I stuff a Zero-G hose in this. Protects the hose, easy in and out, then I throw it in a plastic box to contain any drips.
Now that is cool. Thanks
Old 05-03-2019, 03:46 PM   #42

I use two hose support brackets (the type you buy to support garden hose) mounted on the wet-bay door, wrapping the hose (expandable 50 feet) around them, leaving the rv end connected. Has worked well for 8 years with one hose replacement. The brackets are mounted at 10:30 and 1:30, far enough apart to allow the hose to clear the coach drain plumbing when bay door closed.
gk42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, water