Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #15

I have two "water hoses" which I drain well then store on a shelf above house batteries. So far, so good. No shorting out.
Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #16

Been using the expandable for several years with no problem but dont drink it we use bottle water . Just looked at box it came in does not say not for drinking never noticed any smell or taste from it
stew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #17
WDW

We put it in a plastic bucket. Serves a dual purpose of not only carrying the hose, but also having a bucket available for a variety of needs.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
May I inquire. When you say expandable, I think of the garden hose you get at many places. However, they are not designated "water hose" and I have been taught (maybe falsely) you need a true water hose to get clean water for RV use.
So, more info, please.
I have the same question and haven't read the description of the expandable hoses. I was curious as well if they are NSF? Since we have several using them someone should know.
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
May I inquire. When you say expandable, I think of the garden hose you get at many places. However, they are not designated "water hose" and I have been taught (maybe falsely) you need a true water hose to get clean water for RV use.
So, more info, please.
YES, you do need a specific hose that is safe for drinking water. All hoses are not created equal. Those expandable hoses are typically NOT drinking water hoses and cannot be used with power washers either. Good for washing the vehicles etc, but not for drinking.

On the original OP's question, we coil up our drinking water hose in a plastic bin and store in the wet bay. Our sewer hoses are stored under the MH chassis in 2 custom tubes I made, and the single sewer fitting in the wet bay is always sprayed with a clorox solution. There is no chance of any cross contamination in our wet bay the way I have it set up.

Here's an in depth video that goes every detail on how to get good tasting, safe, filtered water throughout your RV and protect all your appliances and plumbing too. There's also a link in the description of this video that will take you right where you can purchase everything.

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #20
WDW

This is what we use. However, we use bottled for consumption.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8240.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	242322
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
The most important lesson I learned about traveling with a water hose is to hook the ends together so moisture will not be released into a sealed bay. I learned this the hard way when I opened my 5 drawer tool box (in the same bay) and most of the tools were rusty.
I forgot to mention that I do this as well and haven't ever had any problem with the trapped water going bad (14 years and counting). Before hooking the ends together I try to drain as much water out as i can but I'm not obsessive about it. I also leave my external filter attached in the middle of my two hoses so it doesn't leak.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #22

I just couldn't mine, then but in the old milk crate . I did see a person that could her's then puts into a bag that would have held jumper cables. Have to say it was nice. Just have to find a new jumper cable bag

Sent from my N9136 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
takpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by takpay View Post
I just couldn't mine, then but in the old milk crate . I did see a person that could her's then puts into a bag that would have held jumper cables. Have to say it was nice. Just have to find a new jumper cable bag

Sent from my N9136 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Yeah they sell "hose bags"LOL on Amazon.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #24

We carry bottled water for drinking, cooking, and the dogs. I just roll up the white water hose screw the ends together, and throw it in a side bay. The only thing we use tank water for is to flush.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
YES, you do need a specific hose that is safe for drinking water. All hoses are not created equal. Those expandable hoses are typically NOT drinking water hoses and cannot be used with power washers either. Good for washing the vehicles etc, but not for drinking.

On the original OP's question, we coil up our drinking water hose in a plastic bin and store in the wet bay. Our sewer hoses are stored under the MH chassis in 2 custom tubes I made, and the single sewer fitting in the wet bay is always sprayed with a clorox solution. There is no chance of any cross contamination in our wet bay the way I have it set up.

Here's an in depth video that goes every detail on how to get good tasting, safe, filtered water throughout your RV and protect all your appliances and plumbing too. There's also a link in the description of this video that will take you right where you can purchase everything.

Don't know how we made it growing up, and later working, and drinking from water hose that were laying on the ground, in dirt, just pick it up wipe it off with your hand and drink from it. Maybe that's the reason we were healthier than kids today. didn't know what a white water hose was. lol
Old 04-27-2019, 10:36 PM   #26

Ive used a product called Handi-hose with great success. White drinking water safe fire hose material lays flat and winds on a reel. Helps squeeze excess water out. It can be found at Campingworld.
Catalina240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:36 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We spray the ends of our hose and the cg water tap and RV water connection with Lysol before attaching and screw the hose ends together before storing. Quick and easy.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #28

I use Flexzilla water hose. Bought a 5/8" by 50 ft and cut it into 3 different lengths (12, 16 and 22) and added fittings to the cut sections. Drinking water safe, super flexible, and won't kink when pressurized. Store then in a plastic container in the bay next to the wet bay. I also drain the hose and connect the inlet and outlet end when not in use.

Tags
storage, water