Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2021, 03:22 PM   #1

Water keeps appearing on bedroom carpet

I recently purchased a 1994 Rexhall itís an F-53 chassis. I keep having water appear next to the bed on the carpet. Iíve cleaned it up about three times just today. I looked under the bed near the fresh water tank but canít find anywhere that the water could be coming from. I also donít have any slides and I havenít ran the ac in a few days. Iíve been using the front ac unit. I also looked under the rv and couldnít locate any pipes and it doesnít appear to be wet anywhere. My outside shower was leaking this morning but I believe I fixed that. Any ideas on where the water could be coming from?
AndrewJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Are your A/C units ducted? Our MH has a common duct from the front all the way back to the bedroom The only thing I can think of is condensation from the A/C supply vent. If it's that I would think you would be seeing some from the other vents too.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #3

Water can travel along ways and in ways you would never imagine. Not knowing your layout what is in the area? Shower, leaking from curtain or door? Shower water lines are leaking in the wall or below the shower? Lavatory, leaking on a water connection or drain. Water connection behind toilet? Kitchen sink water lines or drain.

Shut the water off to unit, if it goes away it is pressurized leak. Just some thoughts.

Water can travel under tile and get to carpet, it can work itís way under walls. It tricky and in my plumbing world expensive.
Leonandlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Are your A/C units ducted? Our MH has a common duct from the front all the way back to the bedroom The only thing I can think of is condensation from the A/C supply vent. If it's that I would think you would be seeing some from the other vents too.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Thank you for your help Iíll look into that I donít see any drip from ceiling or anywhere else I donít believe they are ducted though
Old 05-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #5

Water keeps appearing on bedroom carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonandlisa View Post
Water can travel along ways and in ways you would never imagine. Not knowing your layout what is in the area? Shower, leaking from curtain or door? Shower water lines are leaking in the wall or below the shower? Lavatory, leaking on a water connection or drain. Water connection behind toilet? Kitchen sink water lines or drain.

Shut the water off to unit, if it goes away it is pressurized leak. Just some thoughts.

Water can travel under tile and get to carpet, it can work itís way under walls. It tricky and in my plumbing world expensive.

Thank you Iíll check those areas to see if thereís any sign of a leak and Iíll shut the water off and check that as well. I canít find any diagrams on the piping layout Iím not sure if the pipes are in the wall or if they run under the floors. The water is appearing between the bed in the bedroom and bathroom wall but not along the walls itís just in the center of the two.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:06 PM   #6

Sorry your first post is for a problem,

Turn off the city water supply, turn on 12V water pump, DO NOT USE ANY WATER DURING THIS TEST! Leave pump turned on for 30 minutes, if it cycles/turns on momentarily then stops, you have a water leak somewhere. Turn off water pump, begin wiping one water line at a time with a paper towel until you have a wet paper towel. Turn on water pump again with a new paper towel under where you got the first towel wet. Plastic water lines are easily spliced.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:02 PM   #7

Closest above floor water line. Do you have washing machine? Toilet line? I pulled my WM to test everything .After same thing happened must have been stupid .25 rubber washers they were dust. Shopvac if soaked or stomp down towels ,get some fans on it turn on AC it's a dehumidifier.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:13 PM   #8

Just throwing this out there. OP, you don't have a pooch, do ya?
Old 05-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #9

Check your roof seams, especially between the roof and rear cap. Leaks will go down inside the wall and come out on the floor. Donít ask me how I know...
gberges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #10

Where's your 12V water pump located? In my MH, it's under the bed, and one of the connections was leaky, which prompted wet spots by the bed, similar to what you are describing.

It was a slow leak, so it was a tricky to diagnose. But I found it and tight the connection, and the wet spot was gone.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Sorry your first post is for a problem,

Turn off the city water supply, turn on 12V water pump, DO NOT USE ANY WATER DURING THIS TEST! Leave pump turned on for 30 minutes, if it cycles/turns on momentarily then stops, you have a water leak somewhere. Turn off water pump, begin wiping one water line at a time with a paper towel until you have a wet paper towel. Turn on water pump again with a new paper towel under where you got the first towel wet. Plastic water lines are easily spliced.

Thank you I think I figured it out sorry for the late response I turned of the city water like you said then I thought about the fresh water tank. I hooked the Motorhome up to everything then drove back to Louisiana from Alabama. When we came back the next day it was dry. I decided to put water in the fresh water tank and it was shortly after that the water started apearing. After turning off the city water it hasnít stopped yet. Iíll drain the fresh water tank when I get off tonight and Iíll see if that fixes the issue. The pipe that runs under the floor from under my bed is connected to the fresh water tank also
Old 05-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchu View Post
Where's your 12V water pump located? In my MH, it's under the bed, and one of the connections was leaky, which prompted wet spots by the bed, similar to what you are describing.

It was a slow leak, so it was a tricky to diagnose. But I found it and tight the connection, and the wet spot was gone.

My water pump is in the same location Iím thinking the leak is coming from the pipe that runs under the floor near the edge of the bed from the fresh water tank. I didnít start having the issue until I put water in that tank and i just realized that. I want to thank you for your response and Iíll update everyone once I find out if thatís what it was. Thank you and everyone else for the help also
Old 05-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Just throwing this out there. OP, you don't have a pooch, do ya?

I do but I made sure it wasnít them Iíve been soaking up water for two days lol
Old 05-15-2021, 08:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberges View Post
Check your roof seams, especially between the roof and rear cap. Leaks will go down inside the wall and come out on the floor. Donít ask me how I know...

Thank you I did have those checked as well but that wasnít the issue I think itís my fresh water pipe

Tags
carpet, water