Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

Water leak

We are currently in New Orleans experiencing some very nasty weather. Winds 25-35 with a driving rain. Our coach, 2016 Holiday Rambler Endeavor has developed two water leaks. I believe the water is coming in on the tops of the super slide and the bedroom slide. The rain is practically going sideways under the slide covers. Short of closing the slides is this a "live with it" moment? We have been in heavy rain before and stayed dry but it was without the wind.
Sgt472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
It seems that those are the only choices you have right now!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #3

This may or may not work but what I did once when I knew I had a leak on top of a slide on a previous RV.

Go get some "Duck" (not duct) Waterproofing tape at Walmart for around $7.50 CLICK HERE ...I believe it's a Walmart exclusive. ScotchBlue Painter's tape could also be used if "Duck" Waterproofing tape can't be found as it is waterproof but not quite as effective as "Duck" Waterproofing tape or even normal duct tape could be used in a pinch.

Shine a flashlight under the topper to see where the water is pooling on the roof of the slide. This is probably where the leak is occurring at the seam under the pool of water. The pool of water will probably be at the front or rear edges of the slide unless you see a pool of water in the middle of the slide roof that is caused by a leak leak in the topper itself. Clear off the water as best you can and get it as dry as possible. Tape over the seam of the slide's roof where the pool was.

This is, of course, ONLY a temporary fix or literally a band aid to stop the water from coming inside and may or MAY NOT work until you can get home (or to a repair facility) to diagnose exactly where the leak is originating and make a permanent repair.

Or yes, you can pull in the slide until is stops raining. Make sure there is no pooling of water anywhere under the topper before retracting the slide or you may get even more water inside.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak