Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #1

water leak

I own a 2007 beaver 42ft contessa and when it rains hard and i tilt the front end of the moterhome down the water pours out between the windshield and the front door. I have had monaco seal all along where the patio awning attached to and the front door awning has been sealed also. Has anyone else also have this leak problem and where is the water coming from. In waskington and rains alot and tired of putting bucket on dash to catch water.
ken bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #2

aqua hot is junk!!!

I just bought my first rv a nice 1995 monaco signature series 40 ft.
Today i filled or tried to fill the fresh water tank just to check it out, well i found out my aqua hot is leaking from inside it iam guessing its busted and after a day on the phone i also found out you cant buy the insides of this unit any longer so its going to cost about 7,000 to replace just my luck.
question that i have is can you bypass this and just use cold water for bathroom and sink seems no mater what the water runs throw this???
if anyone has the answer please help ......
dwk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #3

Commercial Member

what kind of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken bauer View Post
I own a 2007 beaver 42ft contessa and when it rains hard and i tilt the front end of the moterhome down the water pours out between the windshield and the front door. I have had monaco seal all along where the patio awning attached to and the front door awning has been sealed also. Has anyone else also have this leak problem and where is the water coming from. In waskington and rains alot and tired of putting bucket on dash to catch water.
I have seen this 3 or 4 times in the hard fiber glass type roofs. While I was in the service dept of a local RV dealership I found that the water was getting in by way of the space between the awning rail and the roof. I tried to seal just like you did but that did not work.
On a sunny day I got a sprinkler and put it on the rear of the motor home and tilted the front down a hill. Water came pouring in the front at the dash and drivers side control panel.
The only thing we found that fixed it, after many trys at sealing, was pulling off the awning rails, ac, and vents and putting a rubber roof on. One would think there was an easier fix but we never found one.
One customer tried to always have the moho front higher than the rear and it started coming into the rear at the bedroom.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #4

I can deal with a water leak more than dealing with a rubber roof but thanks for your thoughts.
ken bauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water