Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Cool Water leaking from tank

Can anyone help me troubleshoot water leaking. I'm hooked to city fixture, have the valve on city fixture and a water pressure guage. Yet my water tank has filled and there was water leaking out by the water tank. I turned off the city water and am now on "normal" to use the water in the tank but would like to solve this. I did cycle thru the valves to make sure I "clicked" on city fixture as well and bought a new pressure guage.
bossmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #2

Either you have faulty tank fill/city selector valve or a bad check valve between the pump and fresh water tank.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmom View Post
Can anyone help me troubleshoot water leaking. I'm hooked to city fixture, have the valve on city fixture and a water pressure guage. Yet my water tank has filled and there was water leaking out by the water tank. I turned off the city water and am now on "normal" to use the water in the tank but would like to solve this. I did cycle thru the valves to make sure I "clicked" on city fixture as well and bought a new pressure guage.

There is a check valve in water pump that is leaking water back into tank. You may be able to replace just the check valve depending on what pump you have otherwise you will need to replace pump.
Old 07-16-2021, 07:16 AM   #4

Most pumps have rebuild/refresh kits available. If you pump makes and holds good pressure it's probably okay. I have take apart my pumps many times over the years to just clean out debris that cause poor performance .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmom View Post
If you have what is known as an "Anderson Valve" these have be known to leak by and cause the failure you are describing. With the older Anderson Valves they are made of a plastic valve body and the O-Rings leak by. The new Anderson valves are made from brass.

https://www.abcorv.com/
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:29 AM   #6

I just used the google search box at the top of this page for this question. The vast majority of resolutions were to clean or replace the pump head.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #7

Coachmen Aurora 2007 hot water tank (10)gal

We have dometic/atwood 10 gal hot water tank. Every time we put water in it, it just runs out the bottom.
Has anyone out there put a new one in? Questions on where to get one and putting it in.

Thanks for any info

Gloria
gloriacope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tank, water, water leak