RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

water pressure from pump low boon docking

What would cause?Good pressure when hooked to city water.
Spitfire1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire1962 View Post
What would cause?Good pressure when hooked to city water.
If hooked to city water, your house pressure is governed by the city water pressure as modified by your coach pressure regulator. Flow rate will be regulated the same. Boondocking, flow and pressure are solely governed by the pump. That's probably what you're experiencing.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #3

It was really low
Spitfire1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

When I first bought our Motorhome we had a similar issue. The check valve in the water pump inlet line was improperly assembled. The fix was easy but undiscovered by the previous owner...for 8yrs.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #5

What brand of water pump? Secondly, how old is the pump. You might have a low gpm water pump as compared to that available from city water.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #6

Do you have a whole house water filter? If so and it's getting clogged, along with a low pressure pump, you might be getting you low pressure from these things. My motorhome pump pressure is OK at best. The 5th wheel recently purchased has amazing pressure. If/when the one in the motorhome dies, I'll replace with one similar to the 5th wheel.

BUT remember that if you are boon docking, the extra pressure, and flow will deplete a water tank faster and fill the grey faster.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to xjpr
Check for debris in pump screen
xjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #8

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjpr View Post
X-2! and the screens at the faucet/shower control if it is low at only one or two and the others are ok.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It could be caused by...low voltage. Debris in the inlet screen or faucet screens. A valve not completely open. The pumps diaphram punctured or just worn out.

Disconnect the output side and turn on the pump. If it sprays lots of water in a hard steady stream the problem is elsewhere in the system. If it doesn't...then its the pump. You can find rebuild kits or replacement pumps at most home centers, RV dealerships, farm/ranch/tool supply stores. I got mine from Northern Tool, it was the only place that had any in stock at the time I needed to replace mine.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjpr View Post
X 3 My pump screen is located inline at the pump. If you have no screen then dirt may have reached each individual faucet. In that case remove the tip of the faucet (where the water comes out) and look for dirt in the individual screens.

To avoid this issue:
I use a inline particle filter for all incoming water, both at the pump and in a separate canister. It amazes me how much dirt there is in the water.

Tags
water, water pressure