Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #1

Water Spout

Bought Camco water spouts for Winnebago Sunstar LX and they are impossible to put on. Anyone have a solution?
tkolsky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #2

Did you buy the spouts or the extensions?
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #3

Are you referring to those gutter spouts that come in a 4-pack? Can you explain the issue you're having?

etrailer has a pretty good instructional video if that might help any ...and also another video I noticed that gives a good review and installation instructions:

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
On our Itasca, I had to loosen the end of the rain gutter and put the extension under it then sealed it all well with silicone.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I had, I assume, the same problem as you. The screw that they tell you to loosen to slide under the gutter doesn't exist - or it's hidden under the paint. In any case there was no way I was going to try to get under that nicely painted gutter (which sure looks like it's molded in as part of the RV). So I cut the top of spout down (where it touches the rig) so that it would sit up close to the gutter like it's supposed to, then I used silicon to secure them to the rig. Two days later I drove for 4 hours in 20-25 mph winds. Part of the time as a cross wind, and about 100 miles as a head wind - going in to it at 60 - 65 mph. Imagine my surprise when I got to the campground, looked up and they were still there - holding fast (dang that silicone is good stuff!). I only put front ones on my because the design at the back of the gutter didn't leave me any place to work.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Noticed you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #7

Angry water spout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
On our Itasca, I had to loosen the end of the rain gutter and put the extension under it then sealed it all well with silicone.
Did not have a screw to get under drain. Impossible to lift up drain, unless you bend it outwards and possibly destroy it
Old 05-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #8

Thumbs up water spout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
I had, I assume, the same problem as you. The screw that they tell you to loosen to slide under the gutter doesn't exist - or it's hidden under the paint. In any case there was no way I was going to try to get under that nicely painted gutter (which sure looks like it's molded in as part of the RV). So I cut the top of spout down (where it touches the rig) so that it would sit up close to the gutter like it's supposed to, then I used silicon to secure them to the rig. Two days later I drove for 4 hours in 20-25 mph winds. Part of the time as a cross wind, and about 100 miles as a head wind - going in to it at 60 - 65 mph. Imagine my surprise when I got to the campground, looked up and they were still there - holding fast (dang that silicone is good stuff!). I only put front ones on my because the design at the back of the gutter didn't leave me any place to work.
Will try that, but in the meantime the clothes pin is working so, so.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #9

Post a picture of your spout so that we can see what you have.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #10

Unhappy water spout

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Are you referring to those gutter spouts that come in a 4-pack? Can you explain the issue you're having?

etrailer has a pretty good instructional video if that might help any ...and also another video I noticed that gives a good review and installation instructions:

I saw the directions on you tube. The problem is the gutter doesn't have a screw and I don't want to destroy it by trying to pry it out.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolsky69 View Post
Bought Camco water spouts for Winnebago Sunstar LX and they are impossible to put on. Anyone have a solution?
For 20 years I've just used a plastic bottle handle cut to fit and Siliconed on Gallon of water or tea bottles have both have worked well for Me.

JMHO,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water