RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2020, 12:54 PM   #1

Water tank leaking

Went to fill my water tank today and immediately saw water from beneath. My first thought was that is was the drain but no, I wasn't so lucky. Looks to be in a lower corner. Is there any product that can be pumped into the tank to seal it?

Tank is over the front axle and directly under the sub floor. Really agonizing thoughts going through my head right now. To make matters worse, I just finished putting a new floor and had total access to the sub floor 2 months ago.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2020, 01:01 PM   #2

There are a few products out there and plastic welders as well

Since I have only repaired non-potable tanks I will let someone that has dealt with potable recommend their fix

If you can get to the area of failure completely that will be the key

Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:24 PM   #3

Upon further investigation the tank is not located where I thought it was. The tank is in the back and rather accessible. I guess the tank is leaking and the water is running on the chassis to the front of the MH and then dripping down. I just leveled it to see if I can figure more out. It has to be the tank as it was completely winterized and didn't leak until I put water in it. The pump wasn't running so it couldn't have been in any of the lines. As a matter of fact I have turned on the pump now and it is holding pressure.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:27 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can you see that it is the tank that is leaking? Did it contain water when you winterized it?
Old 03-31-2020, 04:20 PM   #5

I finally found the access panel and got to the tank. The connection to the drain line had broken and is now fixed. I am so relieved that it wasn't the tank itself. I had to be a bit of contortionist but she is fixed and I don't have to cancel my plans for the next weekend. Thanks. It's always something.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad it worked out for you.

Tags
leak, tank, water