Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

Water valve leak

The middle valve here is leaking. What's the easiest way to fix this. We are on the road for several weeks and can fix it permanently when I get home.

Can the valve innards be replaced without replacing the whole valve?

Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	0105191628.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	231082
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #2

Yes, easy. Shut off water hose. The handle on the valve pops off. Then unscrew the bonnet nut and take the stem out. If the stem isn't broken, its probably a bad o-ring. Go to a hardware store and get new o-rings. If the stem is broken, you can get a whole new valve and take the stem out of it and put it in the ołd valve. I think most rv parts stores have the valves.
Carlos Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Marti View Post
Yes, easy. Shut off water hose. The handle on the valve pops off. Then unscrew the bonnet nut and take the stem out. If the stem isn't broken, its probably a bad o-ring. Go to a hardware store and get new o-rings. If the stem is broken, you can get a whole new valve and take the stem out of it and put it in the ołd valve. I think most rv parts stores have the valves.
Thank you! I will try it in the morning and let you know how it turns (no pun intended) out
Old 01-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #4

and while you are at the rv store, or hardware store if you have to go that route, pick up one or 2 more valves if they have them and just leave them in the bag and in the valve compartment so they will be there the next time you need them. Big problems become a very easy fix if you happen to have the correct replacement parts sitting right there...been there, done that.
31NDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #5

Great suggestion! I'm going to get 3 or 4. I did buy one just to make sure it worked. I replaced the guts and it's still got a slow drip. Maybe I need to clean the body of the valve? I'll report back.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #6

Shark bite fittings are also easy options from the big box hardware stores.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #7

IF you bought a new valve...why didn't you just install it?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #8

The fitting I bought was not the same as the old. The old is an elbow and the new is a T. Plus where it's located it was easier to replace the washer and insides.

Tags
leak, valve, water