Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #15

I have been using Mother’s for years cleaner wax.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpics View Post
Looking for a long-lasting wax that comes off easy with a towel for our motorhome. What's your favorite?
First ... if you are having a hard time taking off any wax ... you are probably doing something wrong.

McGuires Premium Marine Wax ... end of story.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #17

I wasn’t even going bother to reply, but anyway.......

There is no single answer to the OPs question, if for no other reason, that what is a “good wax” is totally subjective, and expectations vary widely on what is a “great finish” even among “car guys”.

I will assume the coach is full body paint, base coat / clear coat, and if it’s not, just ignore my input.

Here is a link to a current thread, with additional links provided within several posts. If you want to learn more about exterior detailing, what to do, what not to do, and what you can do given some serious time and effort, lots here to delve into, as well as plenty more opinions of “what’s best”.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/wax-...ff-414725.html

It will probably make your head spin if washing and caring for the exterior of your RV or cars something you could care less about, and is a chore you dread doing and try to spend as little time and effort as possible.

And in that case of little to no effort, it really doesn’t make any difference on what you use, other than some sort of sealant (synthetic wax) which is simply easier to use and more appropriate for use on an RV than a carnuba wax. Even in that case, it’s more about the care and time you spend than the product you use.

High quality micro fiber cloths / towels are a must, and how you wash is probably the most important aspect of exterior care (plenty about that in the links provided).

Just a side note, I consider spray on / wipe off products an “enhancer” for use over a good, proper base wax / sealant that is used after washing, but not as a a standalone product. But, if that’s what you want to do...

YMMV
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder4 View Post
I have always used Maguires Gold Class on our coach and previous travel trailers with great results. I wax every 6 months so I can’t speak to how long it will last other than that, but it goes on very easy and comes off easy as well. No white residue and buffs to a great glossy shine.
you are 100% right because i do the same thing.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:47 PM   #19

Rejex - it's a polymer that will last at least 6 months - seals the finish.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:06 AM   #20

I used to use some of the other products mentioned here but they don't even compare with...
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the best wax ever. It's creamy, goes on smooth with my buffing wheel, let it sit for 5 minutes buff it out with my polishing wheel. This wax is amazing, and you don't have to worry about getting it on any black trim. No white residue. It's a synthetic wax that offers great protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity. I wax our coach twice a year with it. Our coach is 7 years old and looks practically brand new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3716.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1,014.0 KB
ID:	223623   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3721.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	822.6 KB
ID:	223624  

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #21

I can answer this question.

The very best wax in terms of durability is Collinite 845 Liquid Insulating Wax.

Automotive detailing is a hobby and I can tell you this opinion is the consensus of 99.9% of experienced, serious detailers. I’m normally humble with my opinions, but not this one. Collin 845 is definitely the best wax you can put on a motorhome.

But I’m not sure I’d use a wax on a motorhome. I believe I’d consider one of the new silica-based sealants, such as CarPro’s HydrO2.

A full ceramic coating would be best, but this often costs at least US$1500 for a car, leading me to believe it’d be cost-prohibitive for a motorhome.
Jaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #22

Saw a guy in the park I was in the other day using a no water spray on wipe off called The Solution. Has anyone used this product? His coach really looked shiny, he said that's the only thing he uses on it.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:26 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many good waxes on the market.I always use Meguiar's Gold Class on the MH and my other vehicles.Turtle Wax Black on the Harley.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote