Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #57

Friend of mine had problems with his onan generator shutting off sporadically. Turned out that it was shutting off, because the speed of the generator was not such as to give almost exactly 60 cycle. I didn't help with the fix, but he said it was easy. You might check whether the gen is shutting itself off with an error code.
ralphl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #58

Extended warranties are never worth it. They have more outs than a double header baseball game. You could have paid for the generator repair and have money for the next repair. We all are guilty of believing a salesman that has no skin in the game. Good luck!
dsavage74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:06 PM   #59

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is off post but I cant seem to find a answer on the website anywhere. What are the blue or red campfires under members names? They must represent something?
Lez8ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:13 PM   #60

Hello again! As I mentioned previously we are new to all of this. Lack of response was quite simply multi-tasking 3 kids, business and holiday crunch time. My apologies.
The bus is a 14 Fleetwood and it runs on Gas. It is not from Camping World but I will say it is a major competitor just an exit down the highway. If my purpose was just to sound off, I would plaster their name anywhere and everywhere but that's not the intention. I come to this site to read and learn about others experiences because these are all new and foreign experiences for our family. Yes, we feel taken for quite a bit of a ride considering the slew of issues we have had since the moment we drove off of the lot and none of which fall under the umbrella of the "platinum warranty". Yes, we have a page long text in writing from the salesman justifying all of the reasons why purchasing at a $10k mark up over a private seller is worth it because they guarantee everything will be checked, in proper working order, etc plus we had the opportunity to purchase the "platinum" warranty that only they offer. The problem is the salesman and the service dept are 2 very different things! And you get bounced back and forth because no-1 is eager to take responsibility. In retrospect, RV's are in high demand and they are practically sold the minute they hit the lot so I have a feeling they are not thoroughly inspecting them before a sale.
But more specific to this issue, everything you all commented (minus the not so nice assumptions lol) is all helpful and relatable! Ultimately, my husband didn't take the news well. He called the service dept and persisted until he got a manager involved who was familiar with all of the issues we have had. Long story short he offered to pick up 50% of the repair. So after that phone call based off some advice I read right here on this site after posting I contacted a local certified Cummins Onan generator shop who put me in touch with a mechanic that used to work for the manufacturer. When I explained the issue, he said it was possible. Says, alot of the same issues persist in RV's across the board and many are simply due to lack of consistent use. He suggested we take the dealer up on the offer since the bus was already there and his cost would probably add up or come close to the 50% ($800) plus the hassle of taking the bus to another shop and starting from scratch so that is what we went with mostly because we are drained with all of it! Let's see if it was the right decision! Will update when its back in action.
JFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excursion04 View Post
I sure can relate to what you are going through! We had similar situation years a go buying our first DP. We purchased a Monica DP from a major RV dealership (due to our settlement agreement can not disclose the name). We were rushed to check out and walk through, with the promise that all items listed will be taken care of plus "our extended warranty will take everything". Well didn't go well! after getting home had local RV service center to do a full chassis inspection, bad news! list of major issues from brake systems, to leaks and electrical problems, close to $10K which of course none of were covered by our extended warranty. They are were considered as pre-existing issues. Tried working with the dealership, didn't anywhere, ended up trading it in for a newer unit from a local dealership and cashed in my extended warranty. At the sametime thru google I found the company's CEO email. I emailed him my long list of issues with the RV, the dealership and all the false promises. Within three days I got a call from one of their executives. First he asked If I still have the RV wanting to take it back. Since I no longer owned the RV they offered to cover most of my out of pocket expenses.
Wow that’s unusual , trying to make it right when I called good Sam to complain about camper world they told me they call me back in an hour, lol they never called,tried again and again never called back
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:51 AM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for bringing us up to date. It is a shame you got double teamed, by your dealer, on your first RV purchase. I, along with many others learned that one the hard way. Have the sales manger and service manager agree on the contract with their signature before signing. The damage has already been done by your dealer as for the con job, it sounds like they are pros at it.

As others have said, find a more reputable dealer and have him review your service agreement and see if it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If you can find a good consumer affairs attorney, spend the couple of hundred to have him review the purchase agreement to see if it can be enforced. If not, it's a chalk it up to experience. More than likely, the dealer wrote the contract 100% to their advantage.
My bad dealer experience was with Lazy Days, but fortunate mine was a new purchase. I had the manufacture to fall back on and all it cost me was a trip to Indiana, which turned out fantastic. I learned real quick how important the right RV dealer is. Purchasing used, not many.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:52 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgtv53 View Post
Trust no one
If you are a honest salesman you stay poor, slick salesman makes it with big money and they advance up
Old 12-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Wow that’s unusual , trying to make it right when I called good Sam to complain about camper world they told me they call me back in an hour, lol they never called,tried again and again never called back
If GS receives advertising dollars from the company that a complaint is being filed against........they will never bite the hand the feeds them. Ever notice any of the successful collections printed, none are advertisers in the magazine or GS commercial members?
Old 12-26-2020, 02:05 PM   #65

Best way to get action is to file a small-claims lawsuit against the dealer, multiple times if necessary. Keep all your photos and documents handy. Don't forget that in your state lemon laws may apply to all motor vehicles. In most counties this can be done on line with a small fee. Nothing else will work....Look them up on Google also, and rate them a single star in their reviews.
USJETJOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:23 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USJETJOCK View Post
Best way to get action is to file a small-claims lawsuit against the dealer, multiple times if necessary. Keep all your photos and documents handy. Don't forget that in your state lemon laws may apply to all motor vehicles. In most counties this can be done on line with a small fee. Nothing else will work....Look them up on Google also, and rate them a single star in their reviews.
I have filed under the Lemon Law in FL which is pretty lenient. It is not that easy. The house part of a MH is not covered, only chassis and paint. Has to be the original owner, The same item has to not have been fixed in three attempts. Lemon Law is not that easy and not many attorneys will get involved. But every state is different. Small claims court does carry more weight, but collecting the judgement can sometime be difficult. In the OP's situation, it will be less time consuming to have an attorney review the contract and see if there is any legal recourse. 50% off from the service dept might be as good as it gets.
Old 12-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #67

Quote:
If you are a honest salesman you stay poor, slick salesman makes it with big money and they advance up
Never ever bye warranty 99% are fake to the dealer advantage and it’s 90% net money in there pocket my attorney told it’s not worth the paper wasted on it (never buy warranty) save your money take your chances. Inspected by certified professional have no relation to the crooked dealers
Old 12-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It sounds like the OP used the forum as a sounding board. Seven days, not one word of thanks, answer questions regarding his post, or update from the dealer. Best thing others can take from this is, don't let it happen to you. Instead of spending $10,000 over book, hire a professional inspector for a few hundred dollars. The $7,500 for a warranty plan, put the money in savings, there will probably be money left over after the 5 years.

Yup, Yup and Yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #69

Tiffin Owners Club
I don’t expect this will fix anything but misery likes company! I purchased a 2005 Country Coach Inspire 2 years ago from a private source and have been chasing problems ever since. I was naive and thought I was getting a good buy! I love the coach but it is frustrating to continually be repairing things. I guess I should have been a little more patient but I wasn’t. Try not to let it bother you and enjoy the travel and the folks you meet along the way,we all make mistakes!!!
hdserider is offline   Reply With Quote