Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #29

The Cheetah was a bust. I had a 2003 and it had everything bad from safari and Holiday Rambler all rolled into it. It had 57K miles on it when I bought it in 2007 and it had 144K miles on it when traded in on a Phaeton in 2013. I spent over 100K in repairs on that machine for two sets of trailing arms, a new CAT 3126E engine rewelded ALL slide rails. front mirror fell off, screen door broke, flex hose on sink drain broke 3 times before I replaced it and the car it rode one with a better flex hose. Replaced the splendide washer/dryer TWICE. And many many more items
ronsymens is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #30

I can relate

I purchased a brand new 2019 Fleetwood Pace Arrow DP and for the first 5 months we owned it, it was in the repair shop for 3 of those months fixing punch list items. Sadly I am still waiting for some of the items to be repaired and it’s been over a year. Granted, 2020 hasn’t been your typical year, but I can certainly understand your frustrations
KevinV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFam5 View Post
Welp, I joined this forum when we bought our RV this summer, we are rookies!! We went to a large dealership and spent $10K over what the bus was going for in the private market plus $7K on a "platinum warranty". We did ask why the price difference and we have a page long explanation in writing from our salesman telling us it was due to the bus being thoroughly checked and all components working and backed by the dealer. The warranty purchase was just an additional safeguard and of course the "best value" according to the finance manager since it covered EVERYTHING. We are now in December, and the bus has spent more time in the service department at the dealer than it has in our possession or on the road! Straight out of the gate, dash started shaking. After 3 visits to the dealer, videos and photos of the road below as we were driving they finally agreed to repair. At the same time, we were having an issue with the generator. It would shut off while on the road. Again, these little kinks were documented and communicated to the dealer and sales rep. We even had the generator serviced after our first trip to be certain. As of today, the bus has been in the shop since the week before Thanksgiving. Just got a call that the generator needs rings and bushings replaced at a cost to me of $1600 plus tax and it's a maintenance issue not covered under warranty. Huh?? I'm logical! I completely understand vehicles need maintenance however, when you tell your dealer the generator has an issue on day 1 and you take it back 3 times to be checked and are told everything is fine now it's a maintenance issue. I am beyond discouraged and disappointed that we did our due diligence as consumers and now this. Any ideas or suggestions??
P.S. this forum has been my go-to since we purchased and all of the advice has been right on target!!
Trust no one
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
JMO:
We did ask why the price difference and we have a page long explanation in writing from our salesman telling us it was due to the bus being thoroughly checked and all components working and backed by the dealer. The warranty purchase was just an additional safeguard and of course the "best value" according to the finance manager since it covered EVERYTHING.
Ask the dealer why he is not standing behind what he represented? Next step, letter from your attorney. If the dealer still refuses, small claims court and social media where you name the dealer and all of the facts including year, etc.
What was posted was very limited.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFam5 View Post
Welp, I joined this forum when we bought our RV this summer, we are rookies!! We went to a large dealership and spent $10K over what the bus was going for in the private market plus $7K on a "platinum warranty". We did ask why the price difference and we have a page long explanation in writing from our salesman telling us it was due to the bus being thoroughly checked and all components working and backed by the dealer. The warranty purchase was just an additional safeguard and of course the "best value" according to the finance manager since it covered EVERYTHING. We are now in December, and the bus has spent more time in the service department at the dealer than it has in our possession or on the road! Straight out of the gate, dash started shaking. After 3 visits to the dealer, videos and photos of the road below as we were driving they finally agreed to repair. At the same time, we were having an issue with the generator. It would shut off while on the road. Again, these little kinks were documented and communicated to the dealer and sales rep. We even had the generator serviced after our first trip to be certain. As of today, the bus has been in the shop since the week before Thanksgiving. Just got a call that the generator needs rings and bushings replaced at a cost to me of $1600 plus tax and it's a maintenance issue not covered under warranty. Huh?? I'm logical! I completely understand vehicles need maintenance however, when you tell your dealer the generator has an issue on day 1 and you take it back 3 times to be checked and are told everything is fine now it's a maintenance issue. I am beyond discouraged and disappointed that we did our due diligence as consumers and now this. Any ideas or suggestions??
P.S. this forum has been my go-to since we purchased and all of the advice has been right on target!!
Go to RVTravel.com and search “lemon law” or do a general search. There are some articles, videos on RV Travel that might help if you have significant issues they are not taking care of.

Some states have included RV’s in their lemon laws. In those that don’t, there may be attorneys that can help or call your local news station. Most have consumer help. There have been several stories lately of remedies or outright repurchase after RV owners went “public” with there issue.

Good luck.
Dutchstar53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #34

Forest River Owners Club
i had the exact same issue when we bought ours. everything "wasn't covered." it was the deluxe warranty. "everything but tires, batteries and cosmetics." only after speaking with another dealer did we learn that the dealer owns the warranty company. after we moved away and took it to other places did the warranty "kick in". i always took it back to the dealer and always heard NOPE; no covered. try going somewhere else for warranty repairs. i would never return to the dealer either; for ANYTHING.

p.s., it ALWAYS takes forever to get an rv worked on. there is always a shortage of qualified mechanics. just the way it is.
2006 coachmen mirada, 36', v10, 6.5+ mpg, 2 6v house, 1 12v chassis. 2006 crv, 3500#, falcon ii towbar, invisibrake. MopZ and LuvHer the wonder dogs. 8^) life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
wynnkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #35

We had this issue with our generator, replaced many parts however the issue was easily resolved in the end.
We got a special made file ( like a long ladies nail file).
Then we ran the generator and this from the outside is placed on the dynamo wheel ( not sure what it’s called)
This cleaned the wheel and no issues since.
If you need a better explanation just ask, I’ll get my son to explain as he did the job.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #36

OP....If you no longer want the crappy extended warranty you can always cancel it and recoup your money - less months used. Not sure if it's a particular state law thing - but we had no trouble doing that here in Arizona after about 8 months of ownership on a Class-C.
mistercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #37

Do we know anything about what the OP bought?
Old 12-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Do we know anything about what the OP bought?
We don't really know much other than he has a 2014 Fleetwood Fiesta.

All this thread is is a bunch of bloviating about what this guy or that guy thinks about warranties or dealerships.

Until the OP comes back and we can help him deal with his gen problem and what to do about his warranty problem, this thread is worthless.

Come on back, OP. Tell us what exactly your extended warranty says about covering generators. What other problems are you having with your coach?
Old 12-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #39

And a Fleetwood Fiesta was sold to him as a bus? I think we need more information from the OP.
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #40

reply to "We bought a bum bus!"

Not sure why everyone is wasting their breath?? The OP has not done anything to help himself/herself by answering any of the questions that others are asking only to help them. Merry Christmas everyone!!
Finious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finious View Post
Not sure why everyone is wasting their breath?? The OP has not done anything to help himself/herself by answering any of the questions that others are asking only to help them. Merry Christmas everyone!!
Yup. Their 6th post and has not been seen since. This is the new RV'r, no clue. As some have said, in a year there will be a glut of used RVs in the market. Maybe then I can find a spot that hasn't been trashed.
Old 12-24-2020, 09:24 PM   #42

Intermittantly shutting off doesnt sound like problems with rings and bushings. Have they done a wet and dry compression test?
are you sure the oil level is right? If a little low i could picture vehicle motion to set off a low oil shut down if you have that safety. Bad rings are either a sign of a lot of use or running low on iil.
Charlesland is offline   Reply With Quote