Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I wouldn't be afraid of a low mile moho.
I certainly wouldn't be afraid iof aany 08 sprinter. Just do all the required 0 to 30k maintnenance now and call it good.
Jim, our used Itasca has 28k on her. What maintenace are you referring to? I don't have the service records with the vehicle. It didn't come with any. The dealership changed the oil in the engine, the generator and capped off the fluids. because I am uncertain of the fuel filter being changed I am having that done this Saturday, But if you wouldn't mind pointing out any other service that I shouldn't overlook I would surely appreciate it!!
Thanks!!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #16

Spartan Chassis
Look for coaches that have Hydrohot or AquaHot systems. These systems contain a diesel fired hot water boiler to heat your shower water and heat your space with fan coil units. DW just loves the endless hot water. I like the heating power when the heat pump cannot deliver due due to temperature below 39 degrees.
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Agree with all the posted information. Floor plan should definetly be in consideration, after all you have to live in the bus. Diesel is IMHO a must. Rule of thumb, 10 hp for every foot of the coach. When we bought our first coach, dp, we made sure records we on board. If you can afford it, tag axle, side radiator make life easier. Good luck, take your time and research your purchase thoroughly!
I thought the ratio or rule of thumb was 1 hp for every 100 lbs of coach weight??
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have purchased several used DP's and the things I would look out for are:
High Mileage...just because a diesel is made to go 250,000+ miles, it doesn't mean that the coach is built that way too.
Check the windshield for dings and cracks.
Manuals...you can survive without them but it's so much easier if everything's there.
Electrical...if you find at least three items that don't work, walk away. It's a sign that there is going to be problems.
Tires and Roof sealing are items that are fixable, but how much do you want to spend in addition to your initial investment...?
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Your question is broad and open ended, probably by design.

The good thing is that using the search function on this site will reveal the many answers that many others in your position have received.

Reading some of the diesel coach issues that have been posted and resolutions for those issues will provide you with a wealth of information to assist in your learning curve.

Using the history contained in this forum can be priceless!
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #20

Freightliner chassis, Cummins engine, Allison 6 speed tranny.
bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote