Originally Posted by bpu699
I am placing phone chargers and USB chargers into my 2000 Winnebago ultimate advantage.
Easy to do, just wiring into the 12V system.
Put several on the dash (off cigarrette lighter wiring).
Several on the passenger wall (off the wall lights).
Tried to do the same on the drivers slideout. Wired to the wall lights, wouldn't work. Weird. Checked voltage, and it was 8 volts?!
Both chassis and house batteries 12.8v+. All other 12v lights, at 12v+...
But, lights on slide out at 8v. They work fine as they are LED, and you cant tell its a lower voltage by looking at them. But the USB charger needs 12+ volts.
Only other electrical thing on the slideout is the microwave, that's off 120v, and works fine...
(( You said it is on a slide that you experience low voltage below 12V? Educated guess is that you have a poor Ground that is indicated by the 8Volt reading you described. Run a new, KNOWN GROUND from the battery or frame. Resistance or bad ground will cause low voltage. NOT sure where you voltage source is coming from....but it should be near the same as battery voltage. Good luck Goodn