Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #15

Does your bathroom sink have 1 valve or 2 valves? ...And how would describe water flow for both H and C?

Water flow: I think your shower valve is the first stop and then it branches out to your bathroom sink in one direction and the kitchen sink in the other direction. However, I'm not sure. I read this somewhere and I have not confirmed this? That said, if you shower valve is not working right or funny, that might be an indication of a a bad shower valve.

If you need to replace your bath faucet, FYI, I upgraded my 2 handle bath sink to a single valve with a high water spout. I like it much better. You just need a couple of 3/8" rubber-donuts for the water lines... or you might be able to re-use your old ones. (TBD)
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2020, 04:31 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Almost back to normal...

Can't find my adapter kit for the air pump so didn't get a great blowout like I wanted. Just an acceptable one.

Did find a small amount of green plant material in the kitchen faucet, and just now, a big wad of green stuff in the shore water hose behind the quick coupler. So the blockage definitely came from an RV park, just not sure which one.

Difficult to figure out how to clean the toilet without removing it completely. All the little jets under the rim were spewing out flakes of black crud after blowing out the lines and turning the water back on. Seems to have full flow though. Fingers crossed on that.

Ordered a new pressure accumulator as my old one won't hold 20 psi.

In 16 years of full time traveling around the country, up to Alaska, and down to Mexico from RV park to RV park, I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd time I've gotten plugged like this, so I forget between occurrences. Most likely came from the park in Mexico as it's not unusual to see some kind of green weed growing in their pipes.

I always turn on the water for 4-5 seconds whenever connecting to shore water before I connect so this showed up even after doing that.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Scary.
Urban Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:06 AM   #17

Glad you found your issue. May I suggest a replaceable filter?
The clear type will show you the condition of the filter element at any time.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:19 AM   #18

Maybe time for a new shore water hose?
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
Glad you found your issue. May I suggest a replaceable filter?
The clear type will show you the condition of the filter element at any time.
I'm looking into those now...but there's a bewildering array of types, do you have a favorite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Maybe time for a new shore water hose?
I just bought a replacement hose not long ago. Less then 6 months ago. Due to age of the hose.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
You need both a water filter and a softener.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, water