Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #1

Weldex 3007 M rear camera troubles

2007 Alfa with a Weldex backup camera system. The sound works all the time but no video most of the time. The video comes on once in a while.
I have checked all connections and power.
How can I determine if it is the camera or the monitor.

Thanks in advance
adamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Most MH rear cameras have a connection anywhere from two to five feet from the camera behind the rear cap and usually exposed to dust. Have you checked that connection?

The only way to really check them is to have the correct electronic tools or another set to plug into the system. Most problems like you describe are limited to either voltage or video cable.

Good luck.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Disconect the camera at the back and bring it up and plug in to the monitor. I had a bad line and the video kept cutting in and out. See if the camera works when you bring it up front..... I still am having problems so I ordered a whole new system with side cameras and color. Going to start putting it in this week.

Gary
Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #4

Gary has a good idea,it you can connect the camera to the monitor inside the coach,you may need an adapter of some kind to make the connection(s) That will tell you if the camera is working, it it is then its a cabling problem.Should it not work it could be an intermittent monitor or camera issue.
If you have some other camera to connect,good way to eliminate the monitor.
The catch is is your BU camera an analog unit or digital? the monitor will need to see the proper format to display an image. Always that if,maybe thing!!

Dick.
Airtool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #5

I had this problem on a Weldex system. I purchased a replacement cable just to check if it was it. It was, so I ran the new cable. I think it was about $1.25/ft for the cable. Not too bad for troubleshooting cost. But if it is not the cable, what do you do with the spare? For me the investment was worth it.
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #6

We have had the same problem. You should not need an adapter to test the monitor by plugging in the camera directly. Contact www.rvcams.com. I purchased a replacement cable for about $40 including shipping. Call them, but be sure to tell them your Weldex numbers. The cable listed on line is not the one needed.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #7

Thanks to all who responded.. I will give the ideas a try.........
adamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera