Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #29

Sounds like the salesman doesn't have much knowledge about the product he's selling. But other than that I don't see how you could call it a lemon. However now that they damaged it I would work any angle I could think of maybe some free service for the inconvenience whatever you can shame them out of.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #30

no buyers remorse, anyway in california, what else can you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Get Out! iMO
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #31

the service manager called yesterday and said they didn't have the right parts and had to order the right parts from the factory, and that it would probably be the end of next week before they would get the MH done, sure glad I didn't have some place to go, I usually hate buying something I can't have, I hate paying interest and insurance on a vehicle I cannot use, I was planning on going somewhere, anywhere once I got it home and loaded, I am not very happy right now, and wish I had more options, but I don't, anyway I am just venting my frustration, I should have known better about the slides, if I would have been more informed this could have been avoided, oh well
Old 01-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #32

Call the factory now and ask specific questions about this.

Why it broke?

Does it need to be level?

Send you factory specific to model instructions for slide deployment from start to finish.

Parts availability?

Etc...

Big one here...

If factory indicates that you to not need to be level first or perform specific actions before deploying slides then have dealer park it exactly in same spot and repeat action as before and you monitor process to see if factory process was done.

If it was and is fine then maybe factory defect like loose screw.

If correct process and any issues then run...or get factory on the phone at once to see as dealer may not have a clue and did poor work.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #33

I downloaded the info for the slide and it said the coach must be level before extending the slide, the dealership I think did not read up on the coaches, the acquired them from a dealer down south that went under, and got them for a good price, I believe it was my plus the dealers fault, mine because I took it for granted the dealership knew what they were doing, and the dealer for not knowing about the coaches they were selling, I have been in contact with another pursuit owner who has been very helpful, and has gave me tips and info on this model coach, but if anyone else has any info or tips, do's and don't's I would greatly appreciate anything that information, I will be at a learning curve with this FR coachman product,
thanks so much for your info and direction
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Call the factory now and ask specific questions about this.

Why it broke?

Does it need to be level?

Send you factory specific to model instructions for slide deployment from start to finish.

Parts availability?

Etc...

Big one here...

If factory indicates that you to not need to be level first or perform specific actions before deploying slides then have dealer park it exactly in same spot and repeat action as before and you monitor process to see if factory process was done.

If it was and is fine then maybe factory defect like loose screw.

If correct process and any issues then run...or get factory on the phone at once to see as dealer may not have a clue and did poor work.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #34

R value of the forest river coachman products

I was looking for a youtube video or for a forestriver vidoe of how the pursuit construction of the coaches walls and roof and floors, and the R value of these coaches are, would anyone know of where this info is, or is it made the same as any other coach of it's caliber, just a little curious of how todays coaches R value are any better then the older coaches,

Hammer
Old 01-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Put 'forest river slide problems' in to google and u may see some interesting info to help you make some decisions. Good luck! Our new 33aa allegro had a corner pipe pop out from our slide. No one found anything wrong, but my worries are still there.
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #36

r value

have been looking around and finally found a review about forest river products and it said one of the factors of the rv's was that they had a r value of 15, has anyone been told this about their rv, just curious about this claim from one review,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
I was looking for a youtube video or for a forestriver vidoe of how the pursuit construction of the coaches walls and roof and floors, and the R value of these coaches are, would anyone know of where this info is, or is it made the same as any other coach of it's caliber, just a little curious of how todays coaches R value are any better then the older coaches,

Hammer
Old 01-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Congratulations. I assume you bought from Manteca RV?
I have been there a couple of times this month looking and test driving mhs.
The staff seems nice. What is your impression of the dealer vs. others?
Did you look at and compare the Pursuit vs. others (Windsport, ACE)?
What lead to decision on Pursuit?

We are narrowing down choices between Windsport/Hurricane 27k,
Pursuit 27kb (your) and Vista 27N. The price on the Pursuit you got
looks awesome!

I'd love to hear from your experiences from buying... I'm in Fremont
Arniem60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #38

really liked the new winne, but the price was higher, and looked, at all and for the price between all of them the price and the way it opened up, and then the doggie dish pull out drawer was what the DW was happy, for the most part everyone was nice enough, just a little lacking in after sale care to me, when you go thru the coach before you buy and make sure they have the time to fix before you buy, make sure you check all the wall paper and slide operation, and hopefully they now know you do not operate the slide with out it being level, but good deals for january, if you want to buy, do it this month, if your inclination is the winne and the price does not bother you then I would do it, it was really a good looking motorhome to me also,
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arniem60 View Post
Congratulations. I assume you bought from Manteca RV?
I have been there a couple of times this month looking and test driving mhs.
The staff seems nice. What is your impression of the dealer vs. others?
Did you look at and compare the Pursuit vs. others (Windsport, ACE)?
What lead to decision on Pursuit?

We are narrowing down choices between Windsport/Hurricane 27k,
Pursuit 27kb (your) and Vista 27N. The price on the Pursuit you got
looks awesome!

I'd love to hear from your experiences from buying... I'm in Fremont
Old 02-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #39

Any Luck?

hammer55, how did things work out with your slide?

We bought our new 2015 Pursuit 27KB in November. I'm a good 20 years from retirement so we won't have a chance to go anywhere with it until at least May... Looking forward to a 4000+ mile trip in July, from Calgary to Portland and then lots of US national parks - Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Arches, Yellowstone. For the last few years we've put nearly 25000 miles on a C that's almost as old as your Winnebago (24ft '90 Vanguard), but my wife finally declared that she wasn't making another trip without a bigger bed and a door on the bedroom. At first I was reluctant, but after shopping I was sold. With 11 and 12 year old boys and a high-energy Golden Retriever, that 24'C was getting awfully cramped.

I hope you got your problems sorted, and it was an atypical experience from an otherwise decent dealer - but if they're not normally a FR/Coachmen dealer I might be concerned. There are several dealers here in Calgary and we had all types of experiences with sales people at different dealers - including other Forest River dealers. The last we went to was the most impressive by far, and not surprisingly they showed us a BBB summary for all of the local dealers that very closely mirrored the perceptions we got from our shopping experiences. The biggest reason we went with the Pursuit instead of similar Thor was the difference in dealer experience and perception of the type of support we felt we could expect. We're not wealthy people, and want this unit to last 25 years or more like our old one - and so we wanted a dealer who is going to stand behind making sure the initial quality is there.

At the end of the day, be persistent and contact the manufacturer if necessary - they are a Berkshire Hathaway company and should stand behind their product and reputation.

I don't recall our dealer's people telling us we needed to level before operating the slide, but it makes a lot of sense with this unit in particular because of how huge that slideout is (practically the entire starboard wall from the door to rear wall, floor to ceiling). Being on a slight slope is probably not a big deal, but I would never try to operate that slide if parked on a surface that puts any sort of torsional stress (twisting) on the chassis. It's the size of the slideout that concerns me per se, but rather the size of the hole around it and the amount of torsional rigidity that must be sacrificed by that size of hole.

Best of luck! Let us know how it's going.
rjkovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:39 AM   #40

we got it back, side was fixed, and it seams to be working well, there are other issues also, the back cabinet has some photo paper bubbling and the fake wood is separating, the dealer said they had to order more fake paper to fix the problem, I also sent some pictures to Nate with forest river yesterday, he also said if I was not happy with the dealer I could also drive down to fontana calif.
I didn't realize the cabinets were photo papered, I really think that if I would have realized that they were photo paper I would not have bought it, seems like if they would have used real wood they would not have had any problem, and saved money in repairs, cheap=dollars in repair, JMHO
Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not trying to be mean and I'm glad u like your mh but the forest river product I had was a nitemare piece of crap and another products from them were shoddy also but I hope u get all problems worked out and be able to enjoy it
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
... I should have known better about the slides, if I would have been more informed this could have been avoided, oh well ...
In NO WAY was ANY of this your fault. The sales guys should have known what they were doing, and not even specific to that unit should have known to stop and check instead of trying to force it.

Like the saying goes ...

"You can't fix STUPID!!!"

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote