Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
... I did not intend to offend. Should have used smiles and bangheads or lol I guess... I illustrated my opinion. Seeing is better...
Thank you for explaining. Sorry for my snappy response. After rereading again, I see the point you were trying to make.

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #86

Sure do ,yes they are quite a load,that's why we needed 3 slides ,easier to move around. They both love to motorhome and are ready to go anytime
rehtaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn

LOL! I HAVE to ask ...

do you travel in your RV with a Newfoundland and a Mastiff???

Quite a load!

Kathryn

~~~~
Lol. I would probably be deleted for what I think of OT posts. LOL - Kidding etc. No worries.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #88

Okay...I didn't want to give away too much information about the coach on here because I was afraid someone would buy it out from under us. But since someone did anyway...here's a link to the coach we were so interested in that we were ready to buy it from 2800 miles away. You can see why we liked it so much.

2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40x , Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Sparks, Nevada | RVMotorized.com - 126954

We were going to have an inspector go out when the owner told us that it had sold today.

Back to the drawing board.

Does any one know offhand what other quality coaches have a floorplan like the 40X that we can expect to pay 130k tops for a 2008 or newer?
Or do you think the Discovery is a good choice for us.
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #89

Wow...as I said before, they always look great on the internet but that is a very nice coach. Good luck with your continued search, they're out there.

BTW...while I was shopping I was on the fence before putting in an offer on a particular coach (Newmar Kountry Star) when it sold to someone else. Turned out to be OK, because we found a coach that suits us fine and have no regrets.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #90

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Luck
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #91

Oh well - hang in there. Fyi - for 130k look for another 40X - I am thinking you should be able to buy a 2008 actually for less than 120k. The trade in for a 2008 40X was 125k back in early 2011. Also check Fleetwood when they went to their 'Power Bridge' chassis. I think it was 2009 or 2010. The 'Power Bridge' has pass thru storage and is a bit stiffer than the 2008 chassis.

Good Luck with your google search.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Wow...as I said before, they always look great on the internet but that is a very nice coach. Good luck with your continued search, they're out there.

BTW...while I was shopping I was on the fence before putting in an offer on a particular coach (Newmar Kountry Star) when it sold to someone else. Turned out to be OK, because we found a coach that suits us fine and have no regrets.

Seeee!? You all thought we were crazy! And yeah, we like to believe it wasn't meant for us and something better or a better situation will turn up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Also check Fleetwood when they went to their 'Power Bridge' chassis. I think it was 2009 or 2010. The 'Power Bridge' has pass thru storage and is a bit stiffer than the 2008 chassis.

Good Luck with your google search.
So, the "power bridge" is better?

Also, we had cut off at 2008 to make sure it was "modern" flat screens, etc. Now I realize that the 2007's have flat screens, so we're considering that year as well. Any opinion on the different years and if one is much better than another? Thanks.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
Used Coach Purchase

I had a smilar situation - I was in contact with a owner - I wanted to hire a professional RV mechanic to inspect but the owner convinced me that he had all the maintance records and it would be a waste of money - I took his word and paid the price. My wife and I flew out to Salt Lake city to see the coach and make a decision. The coach was beautiful and I believed the owner and could not see any defects. We drove back to Houston with no probems - we took the coach for an inspection and found a lot of major problems - the owner would not return our calls and ran backwards. My mistake - I would not purchase a used coach without a professional mecanical check before you write the check. Take it from me I learned a hard lession. Good Luck Clarence Lacy - Houston, Tx.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #94

Fleetwood Owners Club
2007 Fleetwood REVOLUTION LE 40E , Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Cicero, New York | Burdick's RV Center | RVMotorized.com - 107374
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 39R, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Syracuse, New York | Camping World RV - Syracuse | RVMotorized.com - 54859

Here are a couple not to far from you,,
I wonder if the guy that bought that fleetwood lived near Nevada
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #95

Thanks, phranc. We really like the floorplan of the 40X, with the front kitchen and the midship tv. But we appreciate you looking.

For our sake, let's hope it was a local who bought it!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #96

Consider this an adventure, and jump on a plane and go look at the unit in person. The most important thing for a diesel is the oil and filter changes. The next thing ,especially on a rear diesel is temperature control. Make sure the receipts for the oil changes are there, at least every 10,000 miles, and see if the thermostats were replaced, especially if it's a Cat. If it never overheated, then great, don't worry about it. If on inspection, the interior looks good, and all the appliances work properly, then go for a test drive and see how it handles. The ride should be cloud-like, and you shoul barely hear the engine back there. The brakes should be smooth and no grabbing, bear in mind the effort will be quite a bit higher than your family car. Power steering should be smooth with no squeeling or chatter. Park brakes should be solid and hold the unit on even a very steep hill. Backup cameras work fine? Remote outside mirrors work OK? All slides operate with no hesitation or sticking? Level jacks work? Does it "feel good" when you drive it? A good vehicle usually feels comfortable when you drive it, like it was made for you. Do you feel comfortable driving it?
If all is well and you like it plop down your money, insure it, get towing insurance, buy a maintenance agreement/extended warrantee, and jump in the thing and take the long way home. If you live on the East Coast, then drive home by way of Arizona and Texas, have fun!!
bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #97

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2008 Fleetwood 40x

Good morning 4tfamily.There is a 40X for sale here.Hope this helps,good luck!
2008 Fleetwood Discovery - $115000 (Snow Hill, NC)

Date: 2012-11-23, 10:41AM EST
Reply to this postReply to: 74ssb-3395678627@sale.craigslist.org[?]

2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X, 350 HP Cummings, 8KW Onan Generator, Diesel Pusher, 3 slides, 74,500 miles, self-leveling jacks, outdoor kitchen/entertainment, electric awnings, 2 airconditioners/heater, queen size master with dual air mattress controls, central vacuum system, double cedar closet in master, double refrigerator/icemaker, queen pull out sofa w/air mattress, large flatscreen in den, granite kitchen counter, tile kitchen, convection oven/microwave, electric privacy shades at windshield, motion satellite dish. Extra clean.

40x on Craigslist in Eastern N/C FOR SALE
whitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
Good morning 4tfamily.There is a 40X for sale here.Hope this helps,good luck!
2008 Fleetwood Discovery - $115000 (Snow Hill, NC)

Date: 2012-11-23, 10:41AM EST
Reply to this postReply to: 74ssb-3395678627@sale.craigslist.org[?]

2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X, 350 HP Cummings, 8KW Onan Generator, Diesel Pusher, 3 slides, 74,500 miles, self-leveling jacks, outdoor kitchen/entertainment, electric awnings, 2 airconditioners/heater, queen size master with dual air mattress controls, central vacuum system, double cedar closet in master, double refrigerator/icemaker, queen pull out sofa w/air mattress, large flatscreen in den, granite kitchen counter, tile kitchen, convection oven/microwave, electric privacy shades at windshield, motion satellite dish. Extra clean.

40x on Craigslist in Eastern N/C FOR SALE

Oh yeah. Craigslist is hard to search because it has to be done by regions, so it's tedious. Anyone within 1500 miles of MA want to search their local Craigslist for me?

Is there a link to this with more pictures?