Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #15

Its like the washer dryer in our discovery. I'd have never thought we would use them but we do. Ours was used so someone else picked it out. Holds they did
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
We use it infrequently, but we do use it
Wobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #17

we love it because it adds more living area when the kids come w/ their spouses. also keeps a bit of the traffic out of the coach.
Bobm1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimacon View Post
Yes I do. And if u don't use it maybe u still want it for resale value down road.

I don't see a payback at trade time on a $2K feature. Certainly not more than 50%. So, it's an expense over time.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our unit used and it had exterior tv. Ends up we use it quite often. Movies in evening with campfire-in-a-can and college football in fall. Not sure whether worth cost or not but we enjoy it. If I ever order a new RV I would get it again.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes you must have it regardless and anyone that doesn't is wrong.

Ok got your attention, ours came on our coach and I actually didn't think I would use it or the outside kitchen. Found out I was wrong. We greatly enjoy having the TV or music while cooking outside which we do often. Doesn't get a lot of use when we're travaling and touring but if the weathers nice we'll be outside. You have to be your own judge.

Now if any other questions ask away, I have opinions on Diesel vs Gas, Dish vs Direct, Tag Axle vs Non ..............
Old 05-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #21

It was a must have, and I use it quite often. Yes, I am a football and auto racing fan, and really enjoy watching outisde. And yes, we hike, bike etc., but I'm not doing either all day everyday.......

I have spent quit a bit of effort to minimize glare: awing screen was the first step and it helps quite a bit. I just had a black backdrop made out of heavy canvas that is 5'x6' that I can clip to the awning flap as well. Now I just have to black out the underside of the tv door.........

F1 at 7:30 Sunday morning with a cup of coffee sitting outside is awesome (and yes, I am very considerate of the volume) NASCAR, sports cars too. Football in the fall / winter.... When we were in FL mid Dec to mid Jan, loved watching the bowl games sitting outside!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Came with unit

When we first bought our unit I thought it was the most ridiculous item that could have been added. I wished I had the money it cost to put it there.

After our second trip I found morning coffee, watching the morning news was the best part of camping and traveling.

I'd do it again now.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #23

Wow, 2 pages of real discussion about the outside entertainment center without the sound police chiming in to whine about protecting "their" peace. This is actually refreshing (really!)

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #24

Jeff, it's because I hand selected each one of them. You'll really know the ones I didn't select later!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Wow, 2 pages of real discussion about the outside entertainment center without the sound police chiming in to whine about protecting "their" peace. This is actually refreshing (really!)

Not an issue. Actually very rare. The loud ones get tossed.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:51 PM   #26

To the OP. Here's a thought for you. Even with all of the responses, you won't know if it would work for you till you have it, or don't. It's a pretty low risk to get it. If you do not have it, it's never an option to use it if the occasion came when you wanted it. If you have it and never use it, what's the loss? You always know that you could watch it if you wanted to and if you don't, it will add value to the next owner and might help the sale if they really wanted it. I ordered it with our coach and have only used it 3 or 4 times in three years, but I would order it again in another coach. It is considered almost "standard" equipment on most higher end coaches and can only enhance the value of lower priced units. If it takes up basement space and you do not use it, just take it out and store it for when you trade or sell the coach.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Just picture the day that you are in a campground next to a group of sports fans...your RV and their exterior TV is on the curb side...and they LOVE their sport!
Happened to us once with a group of soccer fans in Northern CA...did I say they LOVE their sport?

Lucky for us, our RV is VERY insulated and with both of the AirCon's running, we can overnight at a Flying J/Pilot with no noise issues (you can picture that, right?)

We have the exterior TV set-up (uses an interior TV on a quick swap mount) and an exterior stereo set-up. We have never used the TV except to test it, but the stereo is very nice (volume set to not disturb the neighbors).

If already installed, sure. Would I pay $2,000 for it...errr...NO. Especially if it eats too much bin space.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
While not a 60" it was great for Super Bowl.