Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 08:38 AM   #1

What about the outside entertainment center. Do you use it?

As I've been looking at class A motorhomes I always see the outside entertainment center. Its not been until recently that I started thinking "will we really use it"?

Do you use yours and would you pay the $2,000.00 bucks to add it to your next coach?
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We use our a quite often. Tailgating at games and also on nice evenings outside with a glass of wine or bourbon.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
As I've been looking at class A motorhomes I always see the outside entertainment center. Its not been until recently that I started thinking "will we really use it"?

Do you use yours and would you pay the $2,000.00 bucks to add it to your next coach?

I had a rig that came with one. Had no time for it. Life is busier when not working!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Haven't used it yet. Don't even know if it works! I guess I should try it.
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #5

Mine was off the floor so it came with it in five years, we have used it about 5 times. Once for football, once for grandkids movie nght and a couple times watching the news while I grill. Not something I would have thought to get but I imagine it is good for resale when the time comes
Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
An exterior entertainment center is like a dishwasher. There are those that use them and those that dont. We use our outside TV all the time, as we tend to stay outdoors as much as possible. If we are on the patio, it is either being used for TV or music. Only you can decide if you will use it enough to justify the expense.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #7

Quote:

We drive to the locations and then Hike in them - Not much chance we would ever use the outside TV, so we deleted it in our order.

But we have friends who tailgate at NFL games and they LOVE it.

So to each his own.

JMHO,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #8

When we bought ours we thought we wouldn't use it much but got it anyway, as it is a lot harder to add after the fact. We use ours all the time and really enjoy it. We don't go camping to be inside, or to really watch TV, but it is nice to sit outside and have our morning coffee ect while watching the news, or at the end of the day having a drink. Last year we were traveling during the baseball playoffs, and World Series. I watched several of the games on the outside TV, while BBQ'ing, and each night we had a small group of people who watched the game with us. It was a neat way to meet new people, and have some fun. So we definitely use it more than we thought, and would buy it again if we ever buy another MH.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #9

I had a tv that came out from the bay. With the door open you could only sit to the left of it to see the tv. Took up a lot of space so I removed it. Can't say I miss it?
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nope, don't use the one we have. Only time I have turned on the TV there was soon after we bought the coach just to ensure it works. Would not pay $2000 for it as option if buying new.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes I do. And if you don't use it maybe you still want it for resale value down road.
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #12

Our coach came with one. We use it fairly often weather permitting. If the sun is behind you & shining on the screen it's about useless.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes we use it

I wired in DirecTV to the rear TV and this was already connected to the outside TV so now I've got DirecTV into the outside TV.
DirecTV has some very nice music channels and that's what we use the outside mostly for.
It has also been very handy in setting up the Direct TV outside manual HD dish.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #14

Quote:

Used ours maybe once just to say we used it. As it is, we are lucky if we even use one of the other tv sets inside because we simply do not watch tv while camping. I would not pay the extra money to get it but ours came with it so it was not a deal breaker. Like mentioned, it is pretty much worthless if the sun is shining in the wrong direction.