Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrock
What Bed is Best For Class A

Just purchased a used 2005 Providence and used it last night for the first time couldn't get air into the Restronic dual control air bed and slept on the springs not a comfortable night! Lights worked and pump sounded but no air went in mattress. I am sure many of you have slept on air mattresses and traditional inner spring in your RV. What in your opinion is the best mattress setup in your opinion for a restful night sleep. It seems to me that they put a two-bit mattress in a 100K motor home doesn't make sense. Thanks for your inputs!!!
mrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #2

The one in our Newmar is not to bad, not to great either. We have 3 temperpedics in different homes. Will put one in the MH unless we trade it off first. They will spoil you.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have no experience with your air bed. However IMO having slept upon memory foam mattress, inner spring and the sleep number. Sleep number wins hands down! I have chronic degenerative spinal disease with major multiple disc replacements so, therapeutic is a must. The units are extremely mobile, easy to assemble, work well technically, and have excellent price points. You will find them with radius designs etc from CW and many times on sale for hundreds under retail. One major point, the mattress must be placed upon a solid platform to function properly. I found this out by placing my stick house bed on a very stable but not solid box springs. This does not distribute the body load proportionally across the air mattress. That's my an DW two cents worth! Sleep and travel well.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #4

We purchased a short queen Eurotop innerspring mattress from Camping World. I was skeptical because it comes rolled up in a box but the reviews were really good. We were pleasantly surprised as it is very comfortable and sleeps great! We did add an additional 1-1/2" foam topper mostly to make the sheets fit better. Cost around $300 on sale. I highly recommend it.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just took our out but one time I had the same problem. My side would or inflate at all. A little later DW came to bed and was complaining how hard her side of the bed was. I had swapped the controllers when I changed the sheets before the trip.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I cannot comment on a specific brands but can comment on a problem that we had on ours. It would loose air overnight and if ignored it would completly deflate. The hose connections from the pump were loose and needed tightened. I understood that was a common problem. Yours may be loose enough that all the pump does is send the air elsewhere.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Hello
Had the same mattress in my 2006 Providence replaced it with a Sleep Number,IMHO the sleep number is very comfortable. We now have a 2011 Monaco Knight that came with a Sleep Number mattress its a good mattress also use one in the stick home.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not to high jack anything here but Sleep Number makes many different matresses. Being a little more specific as to which ones you have would be great. We too are looking into changing out our original mattress.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #9

I got the new Trump mattress with my new 5th wheel. At home I have memory foam, but this Trump mattress is just as comfortable.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote