Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverh View Post
My suggestion would be to find the shadiest spot in the parking lot. Open windows and use fans to circulate air when not necessary to be inside. 15 or 20 amps will give you lights, microwave and maybe one air conditioner. People inside will add heat. Stay outside or someplace else. To cool off for sleeping run generator as sun sets and then fire up all the ac’s. Most state parks that I’ve been in have quiet hours for generators but if you are the only one around you could keep running as long as the fuel holds out. But running on 15amps and then someone plugs in anything with a heating element (hair dryer,etc)and all bets are off. Good luck with your mission.
Thanks for the advice. A shady spot would be super helpful (putting that on the list.) Hopefully by the time we are ready to sleep and fire up the generator the A/C's will cool the space down in a decent amount of time.
tstavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
You didn't mention what year RV you have. Our old bus has 13.5k BTU AC units on it. I sometimes can run both AC on a 20A ckt but usually only one. They only draw heavy on start up.
Thanks! It's a 2013 with (2) 13.5 BTU units.
tstavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #31

You might find this article interesting.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #32

I'm able to run a 13.5K BTU air conditioner, 5 cuft fridge, led lights and TV off a standard 15 amp outlet. I've never pushed it further.
Jlo11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:48 PM   #33

Incase you don't know, under a 1/4 tank of fuel and the generator won't run, that keep the generator from running the MH out of gas.
01blueox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:40 PM   #34

Here is my experience running my MH air conditioner off of a 15 amp connection.
(I have enough solar to run all the 12v stuff).

I used a 100’ 12/3 cord - brothers house - it worked fine. Dad’s house - worked - but cord was getting too warm. Went to Ace Hardware they had a 50’ 10/3 contractor cord. That worked with no extra heat.

Good luck
Rocketman3 is offline   Reply With Quote