Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
What Did You Have To Fix (on your coach) Today?
Nothing - Life is goooooood. Zzzzzzzzz

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #16

The wall. Noticed that one wall panel was loose and bowed out. Turns out it was only glued in. I'm guessing that it was assembled in the wrong order and that someone figured out that you couldn't get the staple gun in there after the slide was in place so they ran a bead of glue down the edge of the panel and said 'close enough'. Of course the panels that were stapled pulled loose, too. Cut the decorative tape, run in a few woodscrews, and push the tape back in place the best i could.

I hate shoddy construction and cheap materials.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
1. Bent Hinge
2. Top weatherstrip on windshield moved left, move it back to the right
3. Still chasing a slideout leak
4. Waiting on parts to repair macerator motor

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #18

I replaced the two house batteries today and all is well. Its strange how many things act up when the batteries don't hold a charge. I then replaced a section of the interior weather stripping on the slide. That was easy. I'm getting the MH ready for a little trip to Fort Wilderness after Thanksgiving.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #19

Motor home was in the shop for 8 days to install a tranny cooler, fix a LP leak at one of the furnaces and some other maintenance items. $1200 later and while the LP leak is fixed the furnace is not working right. Shop said they tested it but yeah maybe for 2 mins. Will not stay on and the blower will not stop running after flame goes out. Ran all night I think. Pretty distressed about it as we are supposed to be leaving Wed. Guess we will have to use the electric heaters for a spell. Absolutely hate shops saying everything is fine and then finding out it ain't so!!!
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Not really a "fix" but I cleaned the battery tray and battery box ... got all of the cells topped-off ... cleaned battery connections and torqued them down for the long winter's sleep. <SIGH> \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #21

Replaced both low beam headlights. Had to go to youtube to find out how to change them. Took 3 1/2 hours to get the left light fixed. After getting it out, found out I had the wrong bulbs. Went and bought the right ones. Then the trouble started, had a hard time getting theleft one in. It takes the Caddilac Escalade bulbs but not the DR1. After I got the left fixed it took me 5 minutes to change the right one. I did not have to pull the light like youtube said. Now I am a little bit smarter on changing the bulbs. 2008 Thor Mandalay 40G
Old 11-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #22

Moved the coach up to the house today for extra lodging space for my son and his family for the thanksgiving holiday. While setting things up I noticed an abundance of acorns (oak nuts) stuffed into the awning arms and braces. Had to fold out the awning to clean out acorns put in there by the birds….must have been 100 acorns in each side of the awning braces. then i found that the furnace exhaust on the right side of the coach was stuffed full too!! Wow, the woodpeckers are getting lazy!!!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #23

We are on the maiden voyage in our 2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD. My wife told me the ice maker isn't making ice and there is water on the floor under the fridge. After gaining access to the back side of the fridge I noticed that someone had unscrewed the water line from the bottom of the ice maker water valve. I reconnected the water line and now we have ice and no water on the floor.

I also replaced my windshield wiper blades today.
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Fixed an intermittent fresh water switch on the tank gauge panel, a little Deoxit did the trick.

Yesterday I finished fixing the TV switchbox that I fried a few months ago. My son helped me cut open the metal RF shield so we could replace the bad components. Soldered the shield back together after we were done and it's as good as new.

Fixed the base of my home-made LED bulb in the outside light, it had gotten corroded and was not making contact.

Oiled the hinges on the overhead cabinets in an effort to keep them from squeaking when driving.

Aired the tires up and are ready to go to the beach for Thanksgiving, we'll have fun even though it's supposed to be cold. DS also finished repairing his RC truck body today so it's ready for the beach.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote