Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #43

Same as I do at home. Take them off. Why change?
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #44

When the grandkids are with us, I keep a plastic laundry basket outside right by the steps. They are trained to take off their shoes before coming inside. When it’s just the two of us, I have a hassock with a removable lid. Our shoes go inside of it. It doubles as a comfy footstool in front of our couch.
jdpupek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #45

Not retired yet so when we are in the motorhome it’s vacation time and that means flip flops most of the time. They come off before we come inside and stay there until we go back outside again. If we are coming in for the night we either put them in the outside storage compartment with our other types of shoes or leave them on a small mat we keep at the top if the entrance stairs. I do drive bare footed 99% of the time. Socks if it’s cold out. We do ride street bikes but boots always come off before we get inside.
dvredc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #46

I have commercial trapper mats over the planked vinyl flooring inside my coach and course astroturf scraper mats on the outside and inside steps. I have a brush outside the coach to take care of any dry dirt on my footwear before entering. Under the captains chair next to the mid coach entry steps around its pedestal is a shop towel and place to store flipflops to put on if your shoes are dirty.

Been in too many homes and RV's where it was obvious that people walked barefoot or in stocking feet on their carpets after taking their shoes off so thats not allowed in my coach.

After each trip the light honey colored carpets get a good vacuuming and a going over with a Resolve Cleaning Wand with the Foam Canister for Pets installed so I still have the original 19 year old carpets and floor coverings in my coach which are still in excellent condition even though the coach has been used on construction and disaster relief sites.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #47

Wait, you have shoes? [emoji15]
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #48

Slightly different situation in that we have a travel trailer. For keeping mud, dirt, pine needles etc. out I bought a golf shoe brush, mounted it on a piece of 3/4 inch plywood and keep it outside near the step. Not a sophisticated solution but it works for us.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #49

Mike

We have a class A and put a laundry basket on the drivers seat, take your shoes off sitting in the passenger seat and toss them in the basket.
akndh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #50

Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssl View Post
My DW asked me to make a stair basket for this very reason. Here is what I made.
LOVE this!!!! So much respect for people who can just create something!
Bearstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Simple Question!

Tough Answers - Muddy - Boots - Gravel - Dirt.............

How do you solve the Shoes in the Doorway Issue????

Looking for Great Ideas - Need to know How/What you do?

Looking for that New and Great Idea. Something that keeps the doorway Open and Neat.

Help us out.

Pictures will really be Helpful.

I only take off muddy shoes and leave them on the steps. Otherwise I leave them on until I get ready for bed.
Recalculatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:24 PM   #52

Not cheap, but worth every penny! And it zips up tight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E04D8887-C5BD-4C86-9B4D-9122588941BA.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	298847   Click image for larger version

Name:	896CAB9B-D91E-4125-985F-C9B60A4C37FB.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	298848  

Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #53

We take them off after they dry and put them in one of the drawers in the bedroom. We don’t leave them by the door.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssl View Post
My DW asked me to make a stair basket for this very reason. Here is what I made.
Nice job! I think I'll copy that idea!
WVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:28 PM   #55

Just one problem with the off with the shoe gang... Be hard to drive your rig in your bare feet! Anyways, you won't catch me driving bare!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #56

Camp shoes, for around the campsite, stay outside in an old cooler and never come inside. Hiking shoes come off outside and get brushed off before coming inside. Daily wear shoes for driving or running into town stay also get cleaned off before coming inside. We are generaly barefoot inside.