Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
I've learned a lot in a short amount of time from people who have been at this a long time and are willing to share their knowledge. I'm still learning and am suprised at the scope of peoples experiences. And its great entertainment from people I'd love to sit around a fire at a CG and talk with.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Chick View Post
As to this forum, I find it very educational and informative as well as humorous. I feel like I know some of you even though I wouldn't recognize you if I ran into you.
Same here. Like the diversity as well the common interests.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #17

As others have said,, I learn So much here,,, heck I never knew why you wanted to level a rv, I just figured it was so you didn't have to walk like in a Fun House... Now I know you can ruin a $1000++ frig... (who would have figured those things cost so much?) Putting a load on the genny,,, I knew basic engine stuff to run it,,, just an amazing amount of things to be learned from the mostly great people here... There has been a couple times I had to tie my hands behind my back to keep from responding negatively to a negative post,,,some aimed at me, but I feel good for it.. That's life in general... All in all, this is a great site !
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My favorite place on the internet is in the RV Forums - I am active in three or four. I have learned where to go, where to boondock, how to fix everything that I have managed to break and which routes to avoid and which to seek out.

Everytime DW asks me how I know something, I tell her IRV2.com or RV.net and she knows I am getting good information sometimes mixed in with opinion and winnowed through the alternatives that are offered by others.

I enjoy being able to share my own knowledge and experience with others who are facing things we have dealt with, routes we have taken and many other questions.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Started here as a learning tool in order not to mess up something that someone else had found an easy and correct way to do. .

Have evolved to the stage of maybe helping others with some of the stuff I have learned here and through my own experience.

burfurd
Old 10-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #20

I get the peace of mind knowing if I don't know sumpin someone here or RV.net will. I don't post a lot( Yup 2 words) but spend a lot of time readin
fishseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I used part of my inheiritance to buy my MH, but had only spent 1 night in one that my folks bought back in the 1980’s. Without this group I would have destroyed half of mine by now. Luckily I found irv2 before I picked up my RV and knew about leveling and surge protectors and...

I give thanks every day for the kind, patient and humerous folks here. I may be a solo traveler, but y'all make it so I never travel alone.

BTW -- Spelling and grammer are things I worried about when my life was more stressful. Now that I'm retired, I could care less. It's the message that is important, not the box it comes in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All the education in the world does not bestow critical thinking skills.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've learned more from the suttle, usually 1 time only, less expensive postings/responses then from the "opinions" and those that want you to spend a lot fixers. It doesn't happen often but over the last 3 years I've picked up many many factual fixes. ie: adding caster not the spring and shock steering centering systems. My cost $0.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #24

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have gained an education about my RV and more importantly some very good new friends! The RV world has all types just as any where else but here we all have a common bond- learning and enjoying our version of camping! Hope to see you all soon - Cliff & Tallulah, Mike, Les, Roger and even Dunner!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's a DIYer's paradise. I've found answers to questions I didn't know I needed to ask. Saved me a bunch a bucks.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #26

The hours I have spent on this site have saved more money (probably) then I would have earned had I been owrking instead of reading when I encountered a few problems. It is also a great source of cheap entertainment, it really is a most awesome site, probably the kindest, least obnoxious group of people/posters I have ever encountered!
YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I like the diversity of the people on here and the vast knowledge base. Also the willingness to share knowledge.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #28

I have had three m/h....2 C's and one A. I have learned a great many things here....as most of us. I am shopping for a DP and have found several who have the unit I am most interesed in...Thor Palazzo 33.1. I read these posts every day as I do my emails....just good information... my thanks to all...newbies ask questions and I think "hey I know that answer." Then I find out I did not really know all of it...ha ha

Hey, if you have not posted your make and model of m/h in your signature, please do so...it helps you to get the correct answers.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote