Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #29

I'm just amazed at the total lack of ingenuity on so many coaches. Gas or diesel, 30 feet to 45 feet. It's as if the folks who run the CAD programs designing these things have never actually been in one. Then the program is off to the engineering departing and the engineers say ok we can do that. Then its off to the decorating department and they say no problem here.

Finely it makes it to the advertising and marketing department where someone asks the question "hey where's the door"? You and I know that no one who has ever camped had anything to do with the design process. Even an hour in a pop-up camper would get things going in the right direction.

I've always believed you shouldn't complain if you don't have an alternative, a solution. And that's a tough one because it's not as simple as the interior. There's wiring, plumbing, wood, fiberglass, aluminum, glass, plastic and then you have to get stuff for the coach!

So much goes below the floor, above the roof, within the roof and within the walls. Electricity goes here, water goes there and hopefully the two don't come together. Then as only the insane could do, they stick an engine on the darn thing. Some engineers got so confused they even started putting engines on both ends! Not at the same time thankfully, at least not yet.

I think we can all agree they should start with a TV and build around it! Doesn't that just seem like the most reasonable thing do do? Hey what's more important, viewing the TV or having a drivers seat? I think you all know the answer...
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 06:40 PM   #30

I agree on the tv position (one reason I wouldn't consider a tiffin)...but I thought u were locked in on a ventana? The 3709 and 4002, and 4037 have the tv across from the sofa....
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #31

All true, they are my floor plans of choice. But what I'd really like is that same configuration up front! Why you say? So the drivers and passengers seat would become part of the conversation area. Is that so wrong?
The problem with them however is no fireplace and who ever herd of watching TV without a fireplace?

Mike had it right, the Canyon Star 3710 is a beauty and much like the 3709 Ventana LE as you said.
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
There are mods that can be done pretty cheap. I read about one that they installed a fold down LED flat screen TV That folds down from the center which puts it at just about eye level. When not in use it folds up out of the way. Do a google search for fold down RV TV or look in RV Mods.
Mel_B
Old 07-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
like the 3709 Ventana LE
What I think is stupid about the 3709, is the frig and pantry are across and towards the back from the kitchen sink / prep area.

I like our Tiffin 33AA, same front end as the 37pa or 40AH. We flip the front seats around and can easily watch the TV w/fireplace. If sitting at the dinette, straight view to either the main TV or the front TV. Can lay on the couch either way and watch a TV. Pantry/Frig/prep/conv oven/sink all on the same side. Works for us.

RV's are just a compromise, I don't believe there is a perfect coach. Just try to maximize those things that are important to you.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:54 AM   #34

Check out the tv placement on a 2016 Georgetown 364 TS. It has the most intelligent Tv placement for multiple viewers I have seen so far.

Try and find a floor plan arranged that way or see if you can modify a unit the same way.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #35

Take a look at the floor plans of the Winnebago Adventurer or Suncruiser (gassers) 37F and 38Q.

http://winnebagoind.com/binaries/con...-preview.x.pdf

The 37F has the TV at counter height directly across from the couch. The 38Q has the TV at counted height at a 45* angle in the slide behind the drivers seat. There is a J couch in the passengers slide that allows viewing from a variety of positions.

The Sightseer 35G and 36Z (also gassers) also offer counter level viewing from a couch directly across from the TV.
http://winnebagoind.com/binaries/con...ital-bro.x.pdf

If you're looking for an entry level diesel powered coach consider the Winnebago Forza or Solei. Thy both have counter level TV's with opposing couch seating.

http://winnebagoind.com/binaries/con...-preview.x.pdf

If you need more luxury consider the Tour or the Ellipse.

Or their top of the line models the Grand Tour or Ellipse Ultra

Unless I'm misunderstanding your request all of these models have the type of television and seating requirements you're looking for

Tags
class a