Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
My gas spring struts are too weak to keep it open after adding a memory foam pad to the matress so I don't plan on using it unless I can make it easy to access with either a board to prop it up or stronger gas spring struts.

Thankfully there is nothing at all under my bed except empty space and some plumbing access for the shower which is just to the right of my bed. I will probably use it for what others have already said they use it for: Mainly infrequently used items that I don't want to use up valuable cabinet space for and don't want to leave in storage either.

I already use the shower/bathroom area as a closet and hang my full length (trench) coats off of the shower curtain bar, store the small shopvac in the shower + a small trashcan.
wschaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
I have no idea, and my wife tells me it is none of my business. However, I can tell you it is packed with lots of stuff.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #45

Beach bag and beach towels.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #46

Massive area for granddaughters toy chest, spare tire, spare parts, two folding dining chairs, spare bedding, this and that, spare satellite dish. Lots of room under two twin beds.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Folding table that won't fit anywhere else.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #48

What do you store under the bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAN View Post
Being a rookie here and not towing anything what do people think of stowing a spare wheel/tire under there?(assuming it fits, something I have yet to determine)

How much does your tire + wheel weigh? On my bus that would be a gut buster to wrestle out of the under bed space, through the bus and out the door. But, admittedly, I'm old and lazy. Anyway, I can't imagine my wife allowing me to bring a smelly tire inside the bus and hide it under the bed.

RVM 34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I really wish I could get my folding dinette chairs under there, but the slide mechanism has the space pretty well cut up and there's no way they will fit. My sleep number mattress pump is under there, the slide lock tool, and a few odds and ends. The slide takes up a lot of the room, so it will be small items only for the most part.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
We store extra bedding under the bed.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #51

Quilt, set of sheets, hiking shoes, mid season jackets. There is still a lot of room under our island bed. I just imagine having to empty it out in a hurry to get to the engine and tranny along side the road, which by the way we had to do once.
There are several dirty words to fulltimers and ironing board is one of them
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #52

The body of the last car driver that passed me on the straight away then slowed down in front of me on the hill.... Twice.
Lol just kidding
Spare blankets, awning tie down kit, tool kit, tent, portable table, 12v air pump.
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Extra folding chairs for dining table and some of the fancy bedding that we do not put on each day.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #54

Multiple answers stated an ironing board! When I bought my coach 3 years ago it had an ironing board under the bed. I threw it in the first dumpster I passed! I am retired and will not ever iron a shirt again,

Mine contains the folding chairs for the dinette, extra toilet paper (never enough), spare blankets, pillows for the fold out bed, laundry baskets and laundry supplies. Also a sleeping bag for the Jacknife sofa in case I make the DW very mad.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #55

Nobody has mentioned dehydrated survival food.

RVM 34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #56

My wife is a quilter. We carry her cutting boards, measuring tools and - wait for it- a small ironing board and iron. The sewing machine won't fit under the bed. I wish it did.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote