Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 AM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTaylor View Post
Thank you for your reply, BFlinn. We opted for the larger fridge which is SUPPOSED to switch between AC, DC and LP automatically applying the most efficient power available according to our walk-thru technician but it has not been operating that way. Obviously, we could be at fault. Also I'm sure there are two large batteries above the propane tank. Wouldn't those be the 12Vs or are they DC batteries? I don't know the difference. I do know we have had to jump off the coach and the chassis after having this rig only a month. We don't know what we are doing wrong that is causing the batteries to either not recharge or to run down but we are being extra careful and starting the chassis motor every couple of days. Clearly we are not mechanically inclined.
I can see by what you are saying that you are just in the beginning of the learning curve. This is a good place to start from. Be patient and you will learn from the fine folks on this forum.

A word on batteries. We typically see 6 volt and 12 volt batteries in RVs. All batteries are DC. They typically need to be maintained by putting distilled water in the battery to the correct level and keeping the terminals free of corrosion. If this procedure is not in your owners manual than I suggest that you do some online research on this topic.

Have you read your owners manual for the coach functions yet? If not, that is the best place to start. This will teach you about terms and concepts that are unique to rving.

Here are couple you will often see: Boon docking and dry docking. Both of these terms stand for the same thing; not being connected to external power. Shore power and pedestal are both the same. This means that you are plugged into the power grid at a campground or at your house parking. Again, this can be a big topic but I want to keep it simple for the moment.

About your refrigerator: It is most important that you read the owners manual for it. This is the only way you can find out how to set the control options correctly for your particular model.

Just a word of caution. Your coach is new and as such it may not be working correctly from the factory. By reading and understanding you owners manuals will you be able to have an intelligent conversation with the service department. This will not necessarily mean that the problem will be resolved correctly or quickly, it simply means you know when you are getting a snow job from the shop. This happens way too often in the RV service industry.

I hope this helps some. Please, keep the questions coming. In my book, the only dumb question is the one not asked.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

PS: I found your manual on line. Please read section 6 for electrical introduction to your coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
inverter