Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #29

What Grill to go with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Thats good info on the Coleman. Given all the feedback in this thread about the Webers I stopped in at a Bass Pro shop the other day and looked them over. I think that's going to be my next grill.

We lucked out and found a gently used one on Craigslist. $125 for the grill, legs, grill brush and Weber cover. Hope we get that lucky on our next 5er!
This mornings pancakes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	167126

And yesterday's bacon and eggs
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1779.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	781.5 KB
ID:	167127
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Weber Q's are great gas grills. Even heat, easy cleanup. With the stand easy setup.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #31

We were torn between the weber and the coleman road trip, the weber would have been fine for just the two of us but with guests we were concerned about size. The local store had a super sale on the coleman so we went with that one. I do like the twin burner feature, for those that feel it is to hot use the opposite burner... It has taken some practice but we have figured out how to control the heat much better with the dual burners and it has a griddle option for the pancakes as well as a burner option for pots and pans. So far we are happy with the grill and have also used it for smoking some salmon. Again using the dual burner feature, we made a smoking bag from alum foil for the wood chips and placed the salmon on the opposite side. We turned the fish frequently to give them a good smoke on both sides but the grill worked quite well. So far happy with the purchase.....for those that cant find a replacement regulator, just call coleman, they will send one pronto from what others have told me...
airshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are on year 5 or 6 with our Coleman Road Trip, great little grill, zero complaints. Ours is adapted to plug right into MH propane quick connect for easy hook up. We also go rid of the legs/stand that it comes with for a foldable table thingy. If our died tomorrow, would strongly consider buying another, especially since we have the griddle thing for pancakes & bacon.

Good luck!
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:58 PM   #33

We bought a 3 burner stove from Costco which came with a griddle. I also bought the barbecue grill box which sits on top. It is great to have especially dry camping at NASCAR. It does great breakfasts on the griddle in the morning and steaks and burgers on the grill box. Best of all it does not have a regulator so it plugs into my rv propane system. https://www.outdoorcooking.com/camp-...stove-kit.html
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin View Post
We lucked out and found a gently used one on Craigslist. $125 for the grill, legs, grill brush and Weber cover. Hope we get that lucky on our next 5er!
This mornings pancakes

Attachment 167126

Attachment 167127
Goodness My mouth is watering.
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin View Post
This mornings pancakes

Attachment 167126

Attachment 167127
I already had supper, and that is still making my mouth water
Old 07-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #36

Spartan Chassis
Love our Blackstone Tailgator-Separate grill & griddle that both come off main burner & go in heavy carry case. Legs fold up & main burner body also stores in carry case. Can use both burners for large pots also.[IMG][/IMG]
ceeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
For football tailgating or weekend adventures I have a full size "Aussie Walkabout" charcoal grill that folds and fits nicely in the basement of my motorhome --> Aussie Walkabout Charcoal Portable Grill | Academy
My Aussie is large enough for several steaks, hamburgers, beer can chickens, etc. I can not "slow smoke" on the Aussie.

For frying bacon or making pancakes "outside" for just the wife and me I use my two burner propane "Coleman" stove.

When I fry bacon, make pancakes, make gumbo, fry catfish, etc. for a large group on an LSU football weekend, I use my Browning two burner camp stove with a small 4 lbs. propane bottle --> https://www.amazon.com/Browning-Expl...ner+camp+stove

4 lbs. propane bottle --> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Worthington...e-e5ee29ee3064

The outdoor stove and 4 lbs. propane bottle fit well in the basement of my motorhome. Hope these ideas help!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
I pack the big gas grill 3 from camp chef . They sell many attachments for it . It comes Standard with 3 gas burners . I ended up buying just about all the attachments the grill , the griddle cast iron and storage bags that fit all pieces perfectly . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	167276
Gfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Warren View Post
We bought a 3 burner stove from Costco which came with a griddle. I also bought the barbecue grill box which sits on top. It is great to have especially dry camping at NASCAR. It does great breakfasts on the griddle in the morning and steaks and burgers on the grill box. Best of all it does not have a regulator so it plugs into my rv propane system. https://www.outdoorcooking.com/camp-...stove-kit.html
I have the same exact thing. Lol I also got my Tahoe at Costco over ten years ago and purchased everything else from camp chefs website. I picked up their pizza oven last year also.
We also carry a Davey Crockett for smoking.
Pork butt

Salmon
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:20 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
One more for the Traeger PTG. Love it!

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:14 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Another one for the Traeger PTG, so simple to operate!
Old 07-03-2017, 06:03 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I have the same exact thing. Lol I also got my Tahoe at Costco over ten years ago and purchased everything else from camp chefs website. I picked up their pizza oven last year also.

We also carry a Davey Crockett for smoking.

Pork butt

Salmon

I've been looking at the pizza oven. How do you like it? Is it worth the money?
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote