Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #57

What Grill to go with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfamily View Post
I pack the big gas grill 3 from camp chef . They sell many attachments for it . It comes Standard with 3 gas burners . I ended up buying just about all the attachments the grill , the griddle cast iron and storage bags that fit all pieces perfectly . Attachment 167276

We had one of these as well, with the grill box, griddle and Dutch ovens etc, etc. we used it a lot when there had many mouths to feed. It now belongs to our daughter as we now only have the two of us to cook for. Our Q1200 is much better suited to our needs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I would be interested. We love making it but have not mastered it. Any and all help from making dough to the actual cooking.
Wrote the first draft this AM. Hopefully later today I will get it posted. I am not a master either but feeling pretty solid with my technique. There will be several links to youtube videos that I have found particularly helpful. Plus some links to the equipment and ingredients I use.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid_dk View Post
Wrote the first draft this AM. Hopefully later today I will get it posted. I am not a master either but feeling pretty solid with my technique. There will be several links to youtube videos that I have found particularly helpful. Plus some links to the equipment and ingredients I use.

Awesome. The wife and I are headed to VT. next week to see my son and go to brew fest with him. Will be a great time to try something new. Nothing better than pizza and some great craft beer.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Camping World sells a dark blue Coleman gas grill that is the best I have ever used.

It is thin for easy storage, comes with a fold up stand and a case is available.

One click starting and really fast cooking.

I like it better than my big home BBQ!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #61

Triple E Owners Club
Kamado Joe Jr. As good as a Green Egg and less expensive.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
we just bought a weber q2200 to use @ the house (kids are gone, it's just us these days) and take in the coach.

works great so far.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
I have had my Coleman since '09 and is holding up well, a last year I mounted it in the slide out tray, so just in and out when need to use it.........20# bottle hooked right to it.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #64

My first cut at a primer on making pizza on a grill or smoker. Mostly it is a compendium of links to gear and pros teaching you the finer points of making and shaping the dough. Feel free to make suggestions, offer other links or add in your own recipes.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #65

I have had a lot of the grills over the year grill to go original type, coleman stove grill combo, varies propane models and charcoal.

Without a doubt my preference is charcoal but in the last few years we have run into fire bans that prevent charcoal and a lot of campgrounds have no charcoal disposal and no firepits.

So i last year i had the bought the blue Rhino cross fire thinking i might use the charcoal version well they did not have a display and it turned out the propane connect stuck way out of the grill making it not fit in my compartment very very so i gave it to my kids this year and bought Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go.

So here are my reviews of the grills;
Grill to go original:
Excellent grill except it is more of a hot plate than a grill the meat never touches the flames has more of a skillet flavor. Excellent for cooking breakfast type foods. Downside very large, way to heavy, the stand the grill are separate hard to deal with in general not really a grill more of a propane skillet than a grill.

Coleman grill stove combo:
Pretty much liked everything about this except the grill portion is to small to cook for a family of 4 and the cleanup was a nightmare.

Propane inexpensive models:
These are fine but generally last about 1 year and then you need a new one.

Charcoal
Same as propane last about a year hard to get rid of ash and messy in compartments.

Blue Rhino Cross fire:
Would get this one if you have the space generally works as designed and seems to hold up better than the inexpensive ones:

Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go
Been using this this year:
Pluses are closet charcoal flavor of any gas grill hands down downs are smoke smoke and more smoke. Really hard to clean the slots have to run extra long to burn off left overs and then use the tool they give to clean slots, The overall process takes way to long.
When the slots seal over you get smoked out and this begins nearly as soon as you turn you meat the first time. We had our extended family at disney and this grill had the space but the slots were are issue constantly.
Another plus is you can really control the heat level on this grill slow cooking is excellent.
So the verdict is still out i do not like getting smoked out while cooking but the end results are really good meats. So i am not sure yet whether i love this grill or not.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #66

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go
Been using this this year:
Pluses are closet charcoal flavor of any gas grill hands down downs are smoke smoke and more smoke. Really hard to clean the slots have to run extra long to burn off left overs and then use the tool they give to clean slots, The overall process takes way to long.
When the slots seal over you get smoked out and this begins nearly as soon as you turn you meat the first time. We had our extended family at disney and this grill had the space but the slots were are issue constantly.
Another plus is you can really control the heat level on this grill slow cooking is excellent.
So the verdict is still out i do not like getting smoked out while cooking but the end results are really good meats. So i am not sure yet whether i love this grill or not.

I too bought this grill about a year ago. Used it twice for making steaks and loved it. (I also have a larger Tru Infrared grill at home and it's the best grill we ever had) About 2 months ago I wanted to use the portable to heat 2 rotisserie chickens that I bought at Costco the day before. Had a hard time turning it down to a low temp. Then it went out and I couldn't get it to light again.
When we got home, I went online and read reviews and found out that many people had the same problem. The problem is with the cheapo regulator--it's total junk. Called the company and they replaced it for only the cost of shipping it to me. About 6 bucks I think it was.
We love these Tru Infrared grills but it remains to be seen as to how long this new 'updated' regulator will last. We have not used it with the new regulator yet.

If you have one of these grills, I would call Char Broil and make sure you have the up-dated regulator. It was the same part # with an "A" at the end. Would like to hear if anyone else got, and used this 'new' regulator.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #67

I carry a Weber 22'' Kettle. I break it down and store it in a plastic Bass Drum Case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150216_104831[1].jpg
Views:	117
Size:	438.2 KB
ID:	167984   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150216_120625[1].jpg
Views:	115
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	167985  

Old 07-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
X3 on the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go. Small and never a flare up. It can get really hot, never had a grill that will turn any left over residue into ash so quickly. You can put smoker chunks in it for smoking flavor. It gets hot enough to put a cast iron pan on for frying.
Hpyhilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #69

I like my Nexgrill 820-0033 . From a big box store, with a folding table and low pressure line to hook straight to onboard LPG less than $200.
Hartrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeja View Post
Love our Blackstone Tailgator-Separate grill & griddle that both come off main burner & go in heavy carry case. Legs fold up & main burner body also stores in carry case. Can use both burners for large pots also.
Ceeja: What are the dimensions of the bags when full? That looks like an awesome solution, but I have to make it fit into my rig. Thanks!
Coynage is offline   Reply With Quote