Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2022, 10:29 AM   #1

What happens when there is no water in bathroom

After a week of boondocking at Organ Pipe Nat'l Park we made it to a nice oasis in the Sonoran desert with a full hook up.

This at a friends house some 45 miles north of Tucson, really out in the desert.

They were living in their large 5th wheel for 18 months while renovating an older house they bought. Hence a Full Hookup with 50 Amp, water and sewer available for visitors with rigs.

When we pulled in Sat. we connected everything, but no power.
Turned out the 50 AMP breaker was bad so no voltage on one half. So overnight we used the 30 AMP adapter and had basic power.

So yesterday after a run to Home Depot and replacing the 50 AMP
breaker we now have 50 AMP again.

In the process I wanted to re-level the coach. So all was disconnected and I moved the coach around a bit. One of the plastic "leggo block" stacks under the leveler pad collapsed and it bent the pad about 30°.

Kinda straightened out mostly when I re-leveled it with a block of wood on top the second time. Looks like "normal" wear and tear on a class A.

In the mean time while disconnected, DW wanted to wash her hands and turned on the tap in the bathroom sink. "No water!" she said through the window. I told her to turn on the water pump and use what is in our fresh tank then turn off when done.

So far all OK. However once the pump was off there was no water flowing. Normal occurrence.

I reconnected the water supply, electric and stinky slinky and assumed all was good. Coach not completely level with a slight drop towards the front. Not an issue.

I entered the coach and was about to sit down to my computer and commence resuming work on data crunching.

Wife was happily in the recliner reading her book with our dog at her side.

I glanced up and OMG! or in my case "Holy Wee wee Bat Man"...
there was water streaming all across the floor running from multiple areas along the floor/wall interface.

A quick look in the bathroom where the widest stream was I discovered water was dripping under the sink. When the coach was new a year+ ago I had to replace a PEX tube to the hot water line to the faucet as it had a bad connection. I assumed now that there was another was a plumbing issue.

After I stepped outside and turned off the water the flow continued.

Connections were dry at the junctions. Wife jumped up and began removing everything from under the sink... stuff like TP which we did not want as the Brits would say when we lived in the jungles of Belize experience to have the TP "Swell up like a bog roll" as happens when camping during the rainy season.

While mopping up as quickly as I could I continue to run a mental checklist of where a plumbing failure could be. Not a lot of water pressure here so did not suspect connections.

Then DW told me that the base if my electric razor charging stand on the counter above the sink was standing in water!!

A quick look at the situation after more mopping up on top of the sink and I had a HUGE sigh of relief. No plumbing issues.

When the water pump was turned off, the water stopped flowing at the faucet. And she apparently did not shut the faucet off completely.

Bad design here as with with it on just a small amount, it is positioned where water does not go into the sink. Nooo only onto the counter in front of the faucet. So this was like the proverbial ceiling leak from an upstairs bathtub overflowing.

Once the faucet was completely shut there was no more water flow. Being in the desert and dry everything was dry within an hour.

Phew.
So what is worse than no water in the bathroom?

Water, water everywhere.

After a big laugh and hug. I just told her we now had yet another travel story to enjoy, no Big ting...

Now that I know we are still tilted forward after the small rivers were heading towards the drivers seat I may try to re-level later today...

Or just live with it as is.

Cheers all,
Bat Dude
Bat Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #2

Got a absorption fridge (propane/electric)?

THen you best level the rig
Off level operation of an absorption fridge can cause overheating of coolant due to gravity flow being interrupted/obstructed.
Overheating causes crystals to form...they plate out on the inside of cooling unit tubes. Obstructs gravity flow/more overheating/more crystals ....damage is Accumulative and Permanent
20 minutes off level operation can start the process

Just saying............
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 04:54 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Fun story with a lot of verbal pictures!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Don't bother buying any lottery tickets!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:04 AM   #5

I'd replace that faucet.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:13 AM   #6

My first thought was you cant flush the toilet
Glad all worked.out but is all working now
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags