Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
does backing over two (2) mail boxes count as doing somethng? Oh, and backing into a barrell which damaged the MH rear. Guess thats enough.
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did full service on MH (getting to old for all this bending stooping and crawling). Serviced the generator, fridge, AC, as well. Added a Steer Safe. Added small circulating fan in the fridge. Removed excess items (things placed on MH and not used, ever). Now just waiting for a few more days and then to South Florida.
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
does backing over two (2) mail boxes count as doing somethng? Oh, and backing into a barrell which damaged the MH rear. Guess thats enough.
................ hopefully not all in one day!! Of course, if you are trying to top Robin Williams...........

I hope that the damage is not extensive!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replaced a cracked vacuum relief valve on the back of the toilet.
fillbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Back home we call that "customizing by crunch".
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Since a few of you have sent messages asking where I bought everything for the tire inflator in post #26 of this thread I thought I would list that info here. If you have any additional questions please msg me.

1000th post, at least my this post will be somewhat useful, unlike the first 999

The 1/4" poly hose (Hitachi), air filter and fittings came from Lowes.

The in-line bleeder valves (in-line blow guns) and lock-on chucks are from MSC Industrial

In-Line Blow Guns - Blow Guns | MSCDirect.com

Air Chucks - Air Chucks & Air Line Inflator & Gauge Assemblies | MSCDirect.com

Air Chucks - Air Chucks & Air Line Inflator & Gauge Assemblies | MSCDirect.com

The straight lock-on chuck and Blue Point Digital inflator were laying around the garage. The chuck in Milton, sorry no part number on it and the Blue Point is from Snap-On
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Our roadhouse is in the driveway! Checked tire pressures and installed TST sensors.
Added a Miller table that we found at a garage sale. Having Thanksgiving with the family, then will be heading south Monday!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #36

sdennislee

Thanks for the great post on the tire inflation system. I think I'll add the ability to balance the rear duals in one airing by using double chucks.

Dave
Sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
sdennislee

Thanks for the great post on the tire inflation system. I think I'll add the ability to balance the rear duals in one airing by using double chucks.

Dave
Is that simply putting a Y on the end of those hose and using 2 air chucks or is their some type of balancing valve in between that equalizes the pressure?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc

Back home we call that "customizing by crunch".
In my 4wd club , we say it will buff out.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Will be replacing our over the dash TV. The original one died, three weeks past the one year warranty. Sony was not simpathetic enought to help out. It was a challenge finding one with the same inputs in the same size as even a year out, like any electronics, its obsolete. Finally found one about an hour away from where we're staying over the Thanksgiving weekend and can go pick it up tomorrow. Then will come the fun part - trying to balance the TV while installing the mounting screws. Wish me luck.

Ironically, I heard a statistic on the radio yesterday. The three year failure rate on LCD TVs - only 4%. Lucky me.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Ironically, I heard a statistic on the radio yesterday. The three year failure rate on LCD TVs - only 4%. Lucky me.
I imagine that statistic applies to those TVs that are sitting on a table their whole lives. I wonder what the statistic is for TVs that are in bouncy RVs with MSW inverters and questionable shore power.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Installed a gun safe in the rear closet. Gives me a place to secure my pistol when crossing in to states that don't recognize my CHL permit.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #42
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee
Installed a gun safe in the rear closet. Gives me a place to secure my pistol when crossing in to states that don't recognize my CHL permit.
How do you get past the Yukon Terr and other Cdn. Prov's ? Sorry if I'm hijacking.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome