Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #29

Filled the house batteries and lubricated all the joints on the step assembly. DW finished making the windshield sun shield and I put sunscreen film on the side windows.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #30

Shined up the Bird for some Summer Crusin.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	453
Size:	664.9 KB
ID:	123760  
Old 04-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got our RV back from the repair center for large hole in roof repair. Once we started checking it out had to fix the following:

1. Front windshield rubber seal repaired.
2. Broken window shades.
3. Entry door step seal not installed properly.
4. electrical box loose from wall.
5. bay door misaligned.

Now everything is back to normal and operating properly.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I'm watching this. If I spill my cocktail, I'll have to clean it up.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #33

Don't spill that drink. No "abusing " adult beverages!!!!!!!

BLUM
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
My wife found a mat that fits our bathroom floor perfectly. stoked about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know , I know.. not a class A anymore.... dang I hate having nothing to fix...

JUST TEASING, my floor creaks in one spot like crazy though, and my "single stage" charger will COOK my batteries if I leave it on too long....
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Shined up the Bird for some Summer Crusin.....
that's pretty darn sweet looking!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #36

Missed two things on our PDI on our new rig. A broken toilet bolt and a cracked upper awning bracket. Have had them both fixed for little to no money.

Amazing what you can miss even spending 90 minutes going over a coach prior to signing papers and driving away!

But boy do we love our residential fridge, full size 30" gas range and stacked washer/dryer!
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had the airbags replaced (after 20yrs I figured it was time) then did a chassis lube, installed crossfires, added tpms system, flushed and bleached the freshwater system. Next weekend I'll do the filters and we'll be ready for the first trip of the year.
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #38

As I am getting ready for our weekend trip I look at my load control panel and it has an odd message. It has the model, software version, and a message "no communication" on it. So I find the mfg, Precision Circuits on the web and give them a call. The fellow answers the phone and I tell him my problem. He says it sound like the data cable may have popped off. So I pull the panel by my breaker box and check. The data cable looks like a phone cord and I see it going into the box. It's hard to get to and I try reseating it. No change. Then I pull the monitor panel out in the front of the coach. I unplug the cable and plug it back in. Bingo! Back to working again. I think I might have accidentally unseated the cable at the breaker box a couple of weeks ago when I was pulling a coax cable. Everything worked for the rest of my trip, so I think it's fixed.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #39

A few months ago we got our first MH after having TCs for the last 30+ years. It is a '93 Flair 26' long with 40k miles on it. I wanted a shorter MH to be able to go to most of the places we went with the TC.

At this point I've replaced the radiator, water pump, belts, hoses, AC compressor, converted to R134a refrigerant, and the coach batteries. I'm also working on many small leaks, replacing the refrigerator cooling unit, and plan to replace the brake master cyl. and hydroboost unit, possibly the rear brakes, and at least four tires. The tires have lots of tread but are weather cracked. I will also replace the outer skylight over the shower and install a better shower enclosure. The awning will also need some attention where the sun has damaged it at the top by the roller. Of course all lubricants will be changed, the chassis greased, and the front end has been aligned. I also have a backup camera to install so we can watch the toad. After that I think it will be ready for our upcoming 8k mile summer trip.

When we get back, if we still like it, I will probably replace the rubber roof along with a few other things. At that point we will probably keep it for many years.

I sure wish someone else had maintained it a little better.:-))

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:45 PM   #40

Just starting the re roof project on the Dutch Star. Lots of learning.
GBRG07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #41

Leant the moho out this weekend and my boss said the fridge wasn't cooling properly. Looks like I'll be diving into that this weekend
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced the sky light, twice--being anal it wasn't as good as it should have been (how is it a perfectly square sky light that fits over a perfectly square hole in the roof can't be screwed down any way you put it--seems the pre-drilled screw holes have a reason). Took out the toilet and completely replaced all the parts and put it back and the sprayer didn't work (seems you have to cut a nipple off the fitting if you use a sprayer). Took my coach to a dealer for step recall, ac service and replace ac roof seals. On the way a friend caliper locked burnt out ABS. Had the coach a week due to parts screw ups. Back home, waiting on the ABS sensor but brake job done to front end (new rotors, calipers, pads) now the front ac not working. They put ac down on wiring loom and it arc'd in the connection from thermostat to ac. Back one works great, front one not getting ac power. Paid a local guy for 3 hrs to trouble shoot--he replaced the little connector for the thermostat wire and ac but that didn't correct problem. Dealer will have to do. Oh, I just had knee surgery last Friday--a month after foot surgery opposite foot. I need a little good juju to come my way!
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair