Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2017, 02:45 AM   #393

at a gas stop in SC on way to blue ridge parkway-----went to open [only] door on the class A to get out---NO OPEN!

ended up going thru window 6-7 times, buying a drill at home depot [didn't pack mine]....taking off inner part of latch...drilling out bolt housing[aluminum] with 1/2" bit[2 holes]....sliding bolt back n forth with screw driver in 1/4" hole drilled in bolt.

used screw driver for whole trip...had new latch waiting for me when got home....just alittle widening of hole n newer style Trimark RV latch fit great.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #394

Monaco Owners Club
Lived in our coach for 7 days due to the hurricane that just came by. When power returned, cleaned coach and when plugged in to shore power, inverter went up in BIG smoke. Had shop install new one courtesy Extended warranty. Picked up coach from shop and noticed steering shaft leaking, son in law and I spent 5 hours swapping it out. Biggest issue, it weighs 95 pounds! Oh well, cant wait until the next surprise comes along.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #395

Short 5 day 250 mile round trip
Fixed
NOTHING
Chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #396

Tiffin Owners Club
Went on a long weekend trip and the HWH levelers decided not to work. Brought it to the repair shop, and after testing everything, the touch pad was sent to HWH for repair / rebuilding. Its been over a month now, and the touch pad has finally been sent back. Should be replaced this week. Hopefully, it will work.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #397

Went camping this last weekend and when we pulled into the campground to discover our step had deployed in transit. Couldn't get them to come back in. The next morning, they worked fine, and were ok the rest of the weekend. Headed home and within a couple minutes, they came out again. Pulled the pin and ratchet-strapped them in. Worked on them today, cleaned ground connection and cleaned the connector plug. Working great right now but we'll see what happens when I drive it back to the storage place later in the week.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #398

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Intellitec BD0 Solenoid and Safe-T-Alert propane detector. Both original from 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #399

Last week, I removed our deceased Norcold 1200LR refrigerator, rebuilt the cabinet and installed a residential refrigerator. I did all the work myself except for pulling the old unit out of the cabinet (I removed the cooling unit and got the old refrigerator out the coach door myself) and the Home Depot people who delivered the new refrigerator muscled it in the front door and lifted it into the cabinet. We love the new refrigerator!
Old 11-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Last week, I removed our deceased Norcold 1200LR refrigerator, rebuilt the cabinet and installed a residential refrigerator. I did all the work myself except for pulling the old unit out of the cabinet (I removed the cooling unit and got the old refrigerator out the coach door myself) and the Home Depot people who delivered the new refrigerator muscled it in the front door and lifted it into the cabinet. We love the new refrigerator!
Can I ask what brand/model you installed? I'm nearing a decision point but a Samsung RF18 is a bit taller than I need unless I remove my furnace.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #401

I got a Haier (GE) 15cf bottom freezer. We paid $899 at Home Depot. Bigger inside than the Norcold 1200LR and it works great. Does not have an ice maker but those take up space, are an issue if you winterize and we have a built-in Uline ice maker. I had to lower the cabinet floor but there is still recommended clearance above the furnace. I also sealed off the side and roof exterior vents.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #402

Quote:
I got a Haier (GE) 15cf bottom freezer. We paid $899 at Home Depot. Bigger inside than the Norcold 1200LR and it works great. Does not have an ice maker but those take up space, are an issue if you winterize and we have a built-in Uline ice maker. I had to lower the cabinet floor but there is still recommended clearance above the furnace. I also sealed off the side and roof exterior vents.
Good to know! Is it ok to run on modified sine wave inverter? Thanks
Old 11-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #403

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Right now our icemaker is out of the freezer and sitting on the kitchen table at home waiting for me to replace the ice mold. It's got one screw that is being problematic, and I may need to use an easy-out to remove it. But the RV is at the repair shop right now getting a new converter installed - the old one quit working while we were camping this past weekend. I would change it myself, but I don't relish the thought of lying on the floor, reaching into the cubbyhole through a small drawer opening in the cabinet. There's barely enough room for one arm, let alone trying to get both arms in there, along with the required tools and mirror so I can see what I'm doing! I'll let the shop handle it!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #404

Thanks
Old 11-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #405

Re: MSW power, I have not gotten an answer from their customer service yet. If I don't get that answer soon, my plan is to just run it on MSW. If there is a problem, I will call the warranty people and have them bring me a new replacement. But, it is a simpler refrigerator than the Samsung and my (naive?) guess is if the Samsung works, so will this. The customer service people would only say it needs to be plugged into a wall socket and it is so the warranty conditions are in compliance.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #406

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Re: MSW power, I have not gotten an answer from their customer service yet. If I don't get that answer soon, my plan is to just run it on MSW. If there is a problem, I will call the warranty people and have them bring me a new replacement. But, it is a simpler refrigerator than the Samsung and my (naive?) guess is if the Samsung works, so will this. The customer service people would only say it needs to be plugged into a wall socket and it is so the warranty conditions are in compliance.

Look up the type of compressors they have. I heard the LG and the Samsung similar type compressors but haven't actually verified that.

Tags
repair