Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #687

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1 View Post
Has anyone ever cleaned upolstery in a washing machine for a 1985 rambler imperial?
Front loader set on hand wash should be ok. Top load absolutely no way. Something that old will probably have some thread rot. Polyester was big back then so the cushion fabric should hold up OK. I wash all my house couch cushion covers that say don't wash in water. Haven't had a problem. I put them back on the cushion when slightly damp to make sure they keep their shape.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2018, 06:47 AM   #688

Newmar Owners Club
Made 6 jack pads out of an old stall mat. 3/4 inches thick and damn near indestructible. Used poly rope to make the handles. If you happen to not have a stall mat you can get a 3x6 (IMS) section at Tractor Supply for about 50 bucks.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #689

Finally got the soft connect for my carefree awning. Got it from tough top awning. Got that installed and no longer have a ventilated awning.

It was interesting to find that the carefree one that finally gave way after 10 years had no stitching on it. It looks like it was melted together. The new one is double stitched.

It was actually very easy to install with one extra person and two 12’ ladders. Just in time to hit the road again tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC606716-43C1-40E2-9EB8-0DC3082949B9.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	209677  
Diesel_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #690

Here is our list:

Generator oil change, oil filter and fuel filter change

Generator coolant flush and refill

Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter change

SCA and coolant freezepoint check-no filter change required

Oil bathed front bearings gear oil change

Air Dryer desiccant filter change

Parking brake valve and electrical sensor change

Chassis lube

Nothing exciting....just keeping the old girl humming along.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #691

Replace battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I changed the battery in my satellite remote control.
VERY FUNNY!!!
Mr Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #692

What have I done

I sanded and painted the basement box on my slide out behind the left front wheel. The basements come out with slide room and after debris had hit the box, rust was starting to form. Removed the step cover to discover it was starting to rust, threw away the cover and repainted the step. Pulled the fireplace out to see if I could fix the rattle that happens when running the fan. Didn't find anything but lubed up where the rod was going through a support.
I tried to see if I could get the red LED going to the A/C mounted solar panel to work. Fuse was good but it has never worked. Talked to Fleetwood and they said don't worry with it, it is basically useless.

Vacuumed the interior, dusted all the flat surfaces, and wiped down the seats. I will be washing it in about a week before our next outing.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #693

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
replaced an over sink LED light that fried tuesday night and put lots of smoke into the bus.
it was weird, i just turned on coffee, and all the sudden i got noise like a motor out of phase or locked, the dread HMMMMMMMMM
then BAM smoke tripped out breakers and set a red fault on the magnum panel of AC backfeed. took about 2 hrs to clear the faults and restart. i opened up all outlets and junction boxes and inspected wires for security and torque. no melts or arcs evident.

hard to do a HARD restart of magnum system. SCARED crap out of us.
still cant solve how the backfeed happened, but it did, i assume when the wires melted in the led light and fused together long enough to cause issues before the break blew ???
talked to magnum this morning..FANTASTIC tech help and we walked through everything to make sure all bases were covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	burnt light 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	209715   Click image for larger version

Name:	burnt light.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	209716  

Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #694

My repair was to my door Dometic awning. Last time out it seemed to be hanging a little low in the front corner. At home in the shed I could give it a good inspection and noticed the pin the front arm pivots on was not pressed down into the bottom tab of the bracket at all, causing the arm to hang low. Actually the top of the pin was so high that a crease was starting to develop in the fabric as the awning extended or retracted. I supported the extended awning from the shed frame while I took the arm off the side of the coach so the pin could be pressed all the way in with a "C" clamp. On further inspection all the pins needed to be pressed in completely. Couldn't find any instructions on specific adjustments so did best I could and seems to work great.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #695

One of my AC units wasn't working. Did'nt want to bother troubleshooting it, so I just replaced it.

Replaced all the storage bay lights with LED units

Polished my aluminum rims (all 22.5" of them ....ugh)

Replaced all front, side and rear marker lights with LED units

re-sealed my roof - eterna bond and lap sealant

replaced all interior bulbs with LED

replaced window awning pull straps

repaired and reinstalled cord caddy

painted wiper arms and replaced blades

Lots more to do!
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #696

New Toy

Still straightening out some problems with the new, to us, toy. Problem with front a/c, cools good but would never shut off. Easiest thing to replace is the t-stat. Compressor would still run with t-stat removed. Picked up (2) Digital non programmable t-stats and they worked perfect. I think any non programmable stat will work. Put the speed wires together on the G terminal and the brown wire on the R terminal. Did not use the red wire. And had to order Dometic solid state board. I'm sure board will manage compressor running. Ordered some under canopy LED's. Glue on back no good won't stay on. Thinking about how to get lights to stick.
Mrjepmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjepmanus View Post
Still straightening out some problems with the new, to us, toy. Problem with front a/c, cools good but would never shut off. Easiest thing to replace is the t-stat. Compressor would still run with t-stat removed. Picked up (2) Digital non programmable t-stats and they worked perfect. I think any non programmable stat will work. Put the speed wires together on the G terminal and the brown wire on the R terminal. Did not use the red wire. And had to order Dometic solid state board. I'm sure board will manage compressor running. Ordered some under canopy LED's. Glue on back no good won't stay on. Thinking about how to get lights to stick.
Look for 3M double sided tape on Amazon. There are several variations so you will need to read about each one. You want one not affected by heat and freezing.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #698

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced black and gray tank roof vents with Lippert 360 Siphon vent covers. Did the front and rear CHF for F53 chassis.
fatguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #699

Still At It

Thanks Forkyfork, will try that. While on the roof of our beast I notice the screws holding the a/c plastic covers had weathered and broken thru. No longer holding the white cover. Fixed both covers. Hate to loose one going down the highway. Fixed some cabinet stops and one sliding door latch. Trying to figure out the nest of unmarked wires i have for the entertainment system. Surround Sound system not working. Ordered new power supply. Between the DVD, the Sat System the OTA antenna the Front TV The Rear TV The Outdoor TV and all the devices to control what goes to each TV I've had a ruff time with the wiring. No wires were marked. Now all are marked. Next job is to find where the Washer/Dryer wiring goes and what it controls. No W/D in coach but breaker must be on for a/c to work. Having fun!!!
Mrjepmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #700

Replaced 2-way fridge with another 2-way fridge. Didn't go as bad as I was predicting.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair