Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2018, 07:30 AM   #757

Tiffin Owners Club
Norcold 2 door fridge/freezer. The bottom of the refrigerator door was hanging up when opening, and we had to nudge the bottom of door with a knee when closing to get it to seat all the way in.

Finally went out to look at it today. So easy, I should of done this last year when it started. The door comes right off by unscrewing the top hinge pin. A few small washers on the bottom hinge for the door to ride on and done. Raised the door just enough to solve the problem. 5 minute fix.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbayone View Post
If the battery has a shorted cell, you really want/need to get it out of the circuit, so just jumping it or leaving the boost switch on isn't a good option IMHO
I don't know about others, but I would certainly agree. I lost a perfectly good battery years ago by having a failed battery in the circuit and overcharging the good one. Perhaps there are gadgets to keep that from happening now, I don't know.

My reference to "jumping" the chassis batt. to coach batts. was a means of using the generator to replace a failed alternator to charge the chassis batt. The Cummins engine seemed perfectly happy with a lack of electrical power, but not so the 3060 Allison. We were "dead in the water" until we jumped the batts. and run the gen the remaining 800 miles home.

All our batts. were good.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #759

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had to do a headlight restore on one of my headlights. The clear coat was peeling badly. I used the wet sanding with multiple grits followed by two types of Meguiars polish and coated with Meguiars synthetic wax sealant. These headlight are Angel Eyes types and one of the halo rings has gone out. Im guessing ill have to remove the assembly, remove the plastic cover and replace the ring.
fatguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #760

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just completed 48K service plus coolant flush; purchased and installed new dually valve stem extenders and dropped PSI to that Michelin Tire Chart recommends after having 4 corner weighed. THEN I just had 45 minutes of fun scooting around under my new to me DP checking things out on my new creeper.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #761

American Coach Owners Club
Replaced the 50amp hardwired shore cord. Plug to pedestal had cracks in it. Screwed on aftermarket plugs were dimensionally too big to fit in hole (port) on RV when retracted. So new cord with molded in plug was required. Old cord was in good condition, so I bought ends and made a 10' extension cord.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #762
Commercial Member

you do not need a hobby when you own a rv, any kind. its like having a bottomless bucket to throw your money into.
that said, my wife and i have gone places and done things others only dream of.
weve been in all 48 lower states, put our foot in the atlantic and pacific oceans within three months, seen all the great lakes in one month.
weve witnessed wrecks, drug raids, tornadoes, and hail storms and blizzards.
not to mention all the rainbows.

weve been to all the big national parks multiple times, as well as many of the smaller remote ones.
i travel because of my work, and in the past 20 years, we have put on over 450,000 miles on three coaches, and 500,000 or more on my four work trucks.

without our motorhome, we would only be reading about these adventures that someone else enjoyed.
oh, and ive done my share of repairs
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #763

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I installed a Super Steer rear trac bar for F53 chassis. A bit of a challenge to get it lined up and torqued. Took me 3 hours vs the 1.5 normal install time. I also installed the Snap Pads on my LCI leveling legs, by myself. Supposed to be 2 person install.
fatguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #764

Ford Super Duty Owner
Five new brake hoses and flushed the system with new fluid.

F53 Replacing Brake Hoses – 1999 Southwind 35S
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #765

Finished our camping sign. Go Lions!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp sign.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	217477  
Old 09-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #766

Polished cloudy headlamp lenses. They're sandblasted from 10 years and 90000 miles. Grabbed my random orbital buffer, used polishing compound and spent about 15 minutes buffing each. Cleaned off residue/dust and applied a coat of Rejex - they look new and I used stuff I already owned.
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #767

Added indicator light on my toad to verify that it's getting 12V from the Motorhome when the MH ignition is on. That 12 volts charges the Toad battery, plus it provides power to the electronic steering on my Jeep Cherokee which has a wiring mod. so that it can flat tow safely. Part of the mod required you to insert and remove a fust under the hood so that the steering would work to prevent death wobble. So, I used a relay to power the steering - rather than having to go under the hood to install a fust - and then remove it at the end of the day.
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #768

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been busy for 7 weeks

Roof maintenance Tape and Dicor.
Installed new head lights
Installed new central vacuum
Installed new 3000 watt inverter
Repaired steps (new motor) and amber light
Replaced clearance lights with LED
Installed new Back-up camera and monitor
Repaired rear ladder\new hardware
Cleaned bathroom ceiling stains
Replaced beverage filter
Repaired Auto brake system, RGS, Light Switch, and 70amp relay.
replaced T-molding interior
Had 6 new tires installed
Oil change engine and generator
Flushed cooling system\replaced overflow tank (cracked)
Sanitized fresh water tank
Deep cleaned gray and black water tanks
Modified plumbing: drain and by-pass.
Interior LED bulbs etc. etc. etc.
WIP: Solar panel and controller

I'm excited because I get to go camping in it , for the third time, this weekend instead of working on it. I've only owned it for 7 weeks, but it sure is nice knowing all that is done.

Bob G.
Bounder28T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #769

I had the anti freeze flushed out and new anti freeze added to the Cat engine.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #770

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
Finished our camping sign. Go Lions!!!

Now that is really cool!

Tags
repair