Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain42 View Post
I am new the RV world and needed the tire monitor I waded through all the forums and talked to fellow RVers and purchased TST system have not used it yet due to winter here but a word of caution when buying the system direct from TST I bought the system plus extender and extended warranty. My mistake for not reviewing the purchase closer they charged me 50$ extended warranty on the extender which costs new 50$ so I paid $100 plus for a $50 part. It's my fault I didn't catch it but buyer beware.
I don't mean to interfere or cause any problems but from what I am reading you purchased a TST monitoring system, you also purchased the range extender or repeater as I call it for 50.00, you also purchased an extended warranty for the entire system for $50.00 so I don't see if I understand everything correctly what TST owes you $50.00 for, did you not intend on buying the range extender or the extended warranty, if that's the case I would expect that a call to Mike will solve the issue.

Just my 2 cents and I don't like to see a stand up company trashed over a mis understanding

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
I don't mean to interfere or cause any problems but from what I am reading you purchased a TST monitoring system, you also purchased the range extender or repeater as I call it for 50.00, you also purchased an extended warranty for the entire system for $50.00 so I don't see if I understand everything correctly what TST owes you $50.00 for, did you not intend on buying the range extender or the extended warranty, if that's the case I would expect that a call to Mike will solve the issue.

Just my 2 cents and I don't like to see a stand up company trashed over a mis understanding

Moxy
Moxy lets start from the beginning I called TST
Ring ring Hello TST
Me; I am looking for a tire monitor system for my MH
TST; We have a couple units
Me; what is best for me?
TST; I think XYZ will be good.
Me; Ok sounds good I have 6 tires. Oh I have a toad.
TST; you will need 4 extra senders. What about a repeater?
Me; will I need it?
TST; some do some don't.
Me; I guess i will take one
TST; anything else?
Me; no
TST; how about warrenty it comes with one year or do you want 2?
Me; I will take 2
TST; address and cc
Me; bla bla bla
TST; thank you for your order. your tolal is $xyz
Me; thanks
I hang up feeling great I got something off my wish list. The wife asks how much on the CC I tell her she says that sounds like a lot? So I go and look at the computer and price everything that's when I see I bought a extended warrenty on a $50 part.
Like I stated earlier I screwed up and this Forum is for RVer's helping RVer's so I am telling my story so others don't screw up like me. I will eat my crow but am somewhat disappointed in TST for this.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #59

Quote:
Moxy lets start from the beginning I called TST
Ring ring Hello TST
Me; I am looking for a tire monitor system for my MH
TST; We have a couple units
Me; what is best for me?
TST; I think XYZ will be good.
Me; Ok sounds good I have 6 tires. Oh I have a toad.
TST; you will need 4 extra senders. What about a repeater?
Me; will I need it?
TST; some do some don't.
Me; I guess i will take one
TST; anything else?
Me; no
TST; how about warrenty it comes with one year or do you want 2?
Me; I will take 2
TST; address and cc
Me; bla bla bla
TST; thank you for your order. your tolal is $xyz
Me; thanks
I hang up feeling great I got something off my wish list. The wife asks how much on the CC I tell her she says that sounds like a lot? So I go and look at the computer and price everything that's when I see I bought a extended warrenty on a $50 part.
Like I stated earlier I screwed up and this Forum is for RVer's helping RVer's so I am telling my story so others don't screw up like me. I will eat my crow but am somewhat disappointed in TST for this.

Just as I suspected, your warranty is an extended warranty for your entire system, not just the repeater, if ya don't want their extended warranty, cancel it, pretty sure they will refund the $50.00, I don't see what they did wrong and why you are disappointed with them, other than you didn't mean to buy the warranty possibly or you were under the impression the warranty was for just the repeater.

Moxy
Old 02-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
Just as I suspected, your warranty is an extended warranty for your entire system, not just the repeater, if ya don't want their extended warranty, cancel it, pretty sure they will refund the $50.00, I don't see what they did wrong and why you are disappointed with them, other than you didn't mean to buy the warranty possibly or you were under the impression the warranty was for just the repeater.

Moxy
Moxy it was a $50 warranty on the unit and $50 on the repeater. Who besides me is dumb enough to pay $50 for warranty on a $50 repeater? Again I am warning fellow RVer's not to make this stupid mistake
Old 02-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
According to the TST web site, they offer a one year extended warranty on the TPMS which cost $50.

Then if you order the Signal Extender, they also offer a one year extended warranty on that unit for $50.

I believe Fountain42 is most likely correct when he stated that the one year extended warranty was for the extender only.

However, the breakdown of communication was in the ordering process. And what he failed to do is to clarify what he was actually ordering by reviewing the order with the customer service person before paying for it using his CC.

The customer service personnel most likely misunderstood his request for the extended warranty on the extender since that was placed last in the order sequence.

Sounds like an A1 cluster %$#@ to me.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #62

Quote:
Moxy it was a $50 warranty on the unit and $50 on the repeater. Who besides me is dumb enough to pay $50 for warranty on a $50 repeater? Again I am warning fellow RVer's not to make this stupid mistake
Well I feel terrible, I have been touting how great a company they are and then something like this happened, I still think ya need to call them and yes it would be foolish to buy an extended warranty on and 50 part for 50 bucks, I can believe that is what they intended but I have been wrong before.

Give em a call,

Moxy
Old 03-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I order a TST 507 6 sensor system from Amazon. When I got it, I realized I might have problems getting the non flow through sensors on/off. After reading most everyone else's positive reviews about Mike and TST, I called late one afternoon and left a voicemail, expecting to get a call the next day. To my surprise, within a few minutes, my phone rang and Mike was on the line. I told him about my problem and he is sending me a new set of flow through sensors and I am mailing the original sensors back to him. I also ordered a set for my toad. My 2 cents worth, if you have an issue, call Mike. The RV industry needs more companies and people like them who understand the value of after the sell support and customer service.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #64

I just bought Tire Tracker, 10 sensors w/signal booster and will be traveling from Sedona to Denver. I will let you know if it is the best system or not!
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Quote:

Sir,

If we accidently charged you for something you did not want please call Mike at TST and he will resolve it for you.
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #66

I bought a Pressure Pro system in 2006. The batteries have lasted until this year (2014). Yesterday I sent in the sensors because of low battery power and for $35 each will receive new sensors with the latest technology, batteries etc.

The Pressure Pro system has alarmed whenever my tire pressures fell below the set point due to nails or tire separations. It has always allowed me enough warning to get to the side of the road to change tires before they blow out or get damaged.

The sensors have been very reliable and accurate, always agreeing with my hand-held tire gauge.

For these reasons I like my Pressure Pro. http://advantagepressurepro.com/
Airstreamer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #67

Different take on it I do not have a monitoring system and in the long discussion on the Foretravel forum the guys with various systems had problems with them if they were screw ons. Lots of leaks over the years and a couple saves. If you stop and check your tires with a walk around. I check the pressure once a month on the road but use an IR gun for a walk around. No issues so far in over 350k miles. The only sensor I would put in are the type mounted inside.

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #68

I am currently using Tire-Safeguard. So far, I have tried Dorian Pressure pro which I liked until the batteries ran down and they wanted $30 for each new sensor. I then bought TST with flow through sensors. I had trouble with the sensor cracking but TST replaced them. There service is excellent but their design is not robust. I am going to sell my TST system that has new never used sensors when I get home. I currently have Tire safe guard flow through sensors. The batteries are replaceable like TST but the design is much more robust. It is the first of the three systems that all the sensors worked on every tire without adjustment. I had to reset the system twice to get it reporting correctly but now it works fine.
So of the three, that I have tried, I like the Tire safe guard the best (so far).

Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post

I am currently using Tire-Safeguard. So far, I have tried Doran Pressure pro which I liked until the batteries ran down and they wanted $30 for each new sensor. I then bought TST with flow through sensors. I had trouble with the sensor cracking but TST replaced them. There service is excellent but their design is not robust. I am going to sell my TST system that has new never used sensors when I get home. I currently have Tire safe guard flow through sensors. The batteries are replaceable like TST but the design is much more robust. It is the first of the three systems that all the sensors worked on every tire without adjustment. I had to reset the system twice to get it reporting correctly but now it works fine.
So of the three, that I have tried, I like the Tire safe guard the best (so far).

I started with the Doran TPMS and after three years of problems I dumped it on eBay. I did not want to go through another big expense so I took my time with the research for another TPMS.

I settled on Tire SafeGuard and it has been the BEST decision ever. Not one problem from the very first moment it was installed. I have used it now for well over one year and I am FULLY satisfied 100%. I chose the CAP sensors as I like the small size plus I really don't need flow-through sensors since you have to remove a cap anyway to adjust the psi.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure